1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for 8' hd or Xblade

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by duraplow, Feb 13, 2013.

1. duraplow

duraplow Member

I don't really do much plowing with my 06 Duramax as I did in the past, so I'm selling off my Boss V and looking for a straight blade Fisher. Minus the stainless and 'X' bracing, is there much difference between it and the HD? Im looking all over for a Xblade with Intensifire headlights but not having much luck and don't wanna buy new if I can help it.

2. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

Not much difference besides the attack angle. The only way a X blade is better is if you get a good deal because the only part that wont rust is the mold board. I suggest waiting till spring/summer and you will be able to get one cheap. Also with the lights buy one without them then add them.

3. duraplow

duraplow Member

Thanks! Is it hard to change the lights, or do they fit on the light tower?

4. durafish

from 02919

It depends on the light tower if its the newer one i think 05 and newer then they will bolt right up in about 15 minutes. If its the older light tower you will need to extend it so the triangle wont smash the lights. Post a pic or link to one your looking at and ill be able to tell you.

5. duraplow

duraplow Member

Will do, haven't had much luck finding any close to me. None of the dealers around me had any in stock

6. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

Duraplow, sent you a pm.

7. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

The X-Blade also curls over the top more and is taller, not to mention heavier and a better scraper.

8. duraplow

duraplow Member

I just watched the video again on Fisher's website. I really like the cutting edge angle and stainless moldboard

Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  9. duraplow

duraplow Member

I had a Western and Boss on my Dmax, will the bottom of my bumper have to be cut to fit the push frame on my truck?

10. durafish

from 02919

Only a ittle where the tow hooks are.

11. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

ive had both plows now and i love the xblade for the scraping ability....it def cuts through snow better than the reg hd series. but if i had a lot where i didnt care i wouldnt spend the extra money. an 8' hd mm2 can be found damn cheap now

12. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

From the quotes I received from various places, the Xblade was almost 1k more in most cases. Not sure its worth that for just a mold board that wont rust, because I have seen many that everything else does, BIGTIME!

13. duraplow

duraplow Member

The places I got quotes from were around $5100 for a 8' Xblade installed. I found a few decent used ones and two basically brand new HDs, But if I go used I still need to buy the stuff for my truck

14. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

the stainless is sexy it looks awesome i wish i had one. i will be looking for one in the spring

15. duraplow

duraplow Member

When I first got a plow mounted on my Dmax, it was gonna be the SS Xtreme V but was too much at the time. Kick myself for not just getting it haha

16. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I would like to get an x-blade but I'm going to wait till next year for that.As far as setting your truck up for it you just remove your tow hooks bolt the pushplates there and in the back and notch out your valance to make room for the pushplate

17. Hegartydirtwork

Hegartydirtwork Senior Member

Duraplow, jump on hudson valley craigslist they have lots of used fisher straight blades listed on there.

18. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

The xblade is great.... I spray mine down for 5 bcks after every storm. As long as u spray them clean they will last a long time...

19. duraplow

duraplow Member

Ive been on Craigslist alot, found a few decent fisher blades in North Jersey. Trying to price out truck side componets and sell my plow now!!!

20. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Talk to Brian Davis in MA... he has an 8' X blade right now for a good price