1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for 26 series snoway plow

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by den327, Jan 5, 2007.

1. den327

den327 Member
    from nj

Looking for a snoway 26 series 7.5 ft plow for my gmc 1500 Z71 pickup.I need complete setup with mount.Located in NJ

2. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

im selling my blizzard 760 setup for 1/2 ton gm, but we are kinda far away.

3. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

What year is your GMC?

4. den327

den327 Member
    from nj

My truck is a 2005 gmc 1500 4x4 Z71.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I've got new in stock, I'm about 20 minutes south of the DE memorial bridge

6. den327

den327 Member
    from nj

Snoway 26 series plow

I was interested in a used one since new is probably going to be a little over my budget.Anyway can you send me a quote on the plow with dp,lights and mount for my truck.2005 gmc sierra 1500 z71.

7. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

dont buy a snow way, youll be happy with something else. Search for a used boss, blizzard, western, just not a snowway. You can handle something a little heavier duty.

8. den327

den327 Member
    from nj

Snoway 26 series plow

Have you had a bad experience with the snoway.My problem is I called Meyer and fisher.They both said I could not go with a light commercial plow and that only a personal plow would be light enough for my truck.I want to put the lightest plow on I can that is for light commercial use.Not personal.Any Recomendations?Thanks

9. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

i run a half ton truck as well, snow ways are not built like other plows. Their big plows, like the 28 and 29 series are not bad. Dont call manufactures looking for answers, they will tell you not to put anything on your truck, for liability reasons. Looks at the billzard 760, or a western 7'6. What is you truck config.... ext cab.. reg cab, crew cab, long or short bed.

10. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Sno-Way MT90 or 2690 series plows would provide the light commercial plow that you are looking for. You can also choose the 2990 if you want to go full commercial. All models are acceptable for your vehicle.

All would be covered by our industry leading commercial warranty, 5 years on plow component structures and 2 years on all electric/hydraulic components. We lead the way in standing behind our products.

Good luck with your decision.

11. den327

den327 Member
    from nj

Snoway 26 series plow

My truck is a crew cab with a shortbed.I saw the other day the western midweight plow.I had originally chose the snoway because it weighed in at I beleive 450lbs.The western midweight plow without the mount came to 530lbs.I imagine the mount to weigh in somewhere around 75-100 lbs.

12. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

dotn worry to much about the weight, look in the 700lb range.

13. den327

den327 Member
    from nj

Plow decision

I had called my local snoway dealer and they told me that the 29 series plow wont fit.I then looked it up on snoways website when I punch my truck info in, the 29 comes up in the list.I then told my local dealer that and they said they do not recommend putting the 29 on my truck because of the weight.Any other input on this.I believe the plow weighs in at 560 not including the mount.My vehicle is a 2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71 Crew Cab

14. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

you can put a 7.5ft RD on there. Rated for heavy residential/light commercial use.

15. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

First off, most important thing is to find a dealer who will do what you want. If you want to hang a 10ft muni plow on your truck, then they should do it. They may make you sign a waver saying, they are not liable, but they should still do it. What do the dealers in your area carry??

16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The 7'6" 29 series is at the top end of your trucks capacity, that's why it's not rated for an 8 ft plow. That little bit of weight difference exceeds the max. allowable FVWR on that vehicle. Perhaps your dealer has seen issues with 29 series on 1500s. If you intend to upgrade in the coming year consider the 29, but if you're intending to keep the truck for awhile I think the 26 is a better match up. Your truck will be happier and you won't have to do anything more then kick the T bars up a notch or two

You can not create convent nor contract contrary to the letter of the law. It's not you I would be concerned with. Some idiot pulls out in front of you and their (or their insurance company's) lawyer claims you could have stopped, the damage and injuries more severe, etc. All the sudden the professional, whom is held at a higher level of responsibility then the private individual, assumes the responsibility because he " knowingly performed an unsafe act." A wavier won't protect you from a lawsuit any better then the paper it's written on would protect you in a knife fight
    And as far as the end user is concerned, you'll get named in the suit too and defending yourself when named in a frivolous or unfounded lawsuit is as time consuming for you as it is expensive for your insurance. cost you time and money to get the judge to say "excused." Which the plaintiff's lawyer would never agree to do if the dealer installed an "over weight plow."

17. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

thats why 90% percent of the people on this board dont go to you as a dealer. majority of people on here frun to much weight on the front of there truck, ballast will generally take care of it though. So quit trying to sell him your crappy products.

18. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

99.9% of the people on this board shouldn't do business with me because I'm to far away and local dealer support is critical, but I would be ecstatic if 10% of the people on the board wanted to do business with me. there should be an apostrophe in "that's" and "don't"

I have a hard time taking anyone who is incapable of spelling "run" correctly seriously. "to" should be spelled "too" when used in that form and you probably meant "their" a form of the possessive of they not "there" meaning in or at that place

I'm sure I speak for many when I state that we are in awe of the wealth of knowledge and experience you profess to have accumulated in your few short years. I myself was unaware that increasing the weight in the rear of a vehicle increases the capacity of the front suspension

Relax dude, I'm not trying to sell him anything. I offer an opinion, nothing more.

Good luck selling your Blizzard and thank you for sharing your most precious advice.

19. winged1dur

winged1dur Senior Member

Your post is why 90% of the people on this board don't post after "Happy Hour"!

20. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

I'm sure I speak for many when I state that we are in awe of the wealth of knowledge and experience you profess to have accumulated in your few short years. I myself was unaware that increasing the weight in the rear of a vehicle increases the capacity of the front suspension

Well then you should not be allowed to be a dealer if you believe this. The weight in the rear take some of the weight off of the front axel, allowing for more weight to be hung.

okay, im not fighting over the internet anymore, your plows don't suck, just not my style.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2007