1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking at used 28V

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by jonaddis84, Sep 17, 2009.

1. jonaddis84

jonaddis84 Junior Member
    from 43566

I was talking to a dealership about a truck and he mentioned that he has a 28V takeoff from an '04 GMC, and I am looking at buying an '05 Chevy. I have yet to drive down and take a look at the plow, but wanted to get some opinions on it first.

I have yet to see one in person up close so I really dont know anything about them. The first thing I notice when looking at the Snoways on their website is how all the hydraulics and wiring etc are completely exposed.

Do they attach like a Boss V, all as one lightbar and all? Or does the lightbar attach separately?

Thanks for the info

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The hydraulics are covered during use. The 28V is a decent blade, has good load carrying capacities and the Down pressure is a real asset

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I have a 28V and it has been a great plow for me.
    The lights are on the same mounting unit and the plow and when you plug in the plow electrics the light wiring is in it.