1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking at new truck

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by bcf, Mar 7, 2005.

1. bcf

bcf Senior Member

It's a '97 2500 4x4 reg cab longbed. Has 4.1os, SLT package, power everything, including seat and auto dim rear view. Carfax is clean, dealer starting price for me is $11,000. Truck has 76,110 miles. Any thoughts? Seeme to me the steering is a little loose, steering wheel moves about an inch or two while driving. Exhaust has surface rust, but everything else looks good and clean. No oil drips. Anything to look out for? Thanks.

On edit: comes witha 6mo/7,000 mile popwertrain warranty from Unlimited Warranty.

2. bcf

bcf Senior Member

Seemed to wait a bit more than it should to shift, almost 3K,4K WOT. Gonna take it to mechanic tomorrow. Anyone got an opinion?

3. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

I have the same truck but a High mileage 1998 for $6400. Let me know if you are interested. Truck runs and drives new. No leaks

4. bcf

bcf Senior Member

Actually, I just ought the truck a few hours ago. Took it to the mechanic, and everything checked out great. Got it for $9500. Am excited to drive a new(er) truck. Thanks.

5. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Cool, congrats! Gl with er.

6. bcf

bcf Senior Member

Thanks. Just discovered today that the truck originally had a plow mounted to it. Kinda bummed me out. But at least the mechanic didint' find anything wrong with it, and the tranny was just serviced, which they think mean a fresh rebuild. Shifts better than when first driving it, just wasn't used to the 4.10s. Gonna beat the pis out of it while I still got the warranty, then if it's ok I can plow with in next year. Good luck selling your rig, that dump insert looks sweet, sich I needed one.

matt