1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking at new spreaders

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by 94 GMC, Dec 19, 2011.

1. 94 GMC

94 GMC Junior Member

I'm looking at getting truck bed spreader any feed back on wat is good for crusher run?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  2. forbidden

forbidden Senior Member

3. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Crusher run?

4. forbidden

forbidden Senior Member

Might be a east coast slang term... out here we use "pickle mix", 5mm rock mixed with salt. Going to guess this is what he is talking about.

5. 94 GMC

94 GMC Junior Member

Yes that sounds about right.everyone I,ve talked to says some thing defferent so just looking for some opions.

6. ponyboy123

ponyboy123 Junior Member

You getting your salt direct from the Pugwash mine? What did you end up getting? How is it working? I am tired of speading by hand here at the farm so looking to add a spreader to the plow truck. I get my salt direct from the Pugwash mine in 2200 lb fork lift bags, easy handling and storage.........

7. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

SMITH SPREADERS Thumbs Up

Seriously, I had an airflo last year, and the smith I bought this year is head and shoulders above anything I've ever owned. Thumbs Up

8. ponyboy123

ponyboy123 Junior Member

I found a used stainless steel spreader on the cheap. Was looking at getting a poly. SS will be eaisier to repair and work on but poly would have been nice for loading unloading.