1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking at New dealership opportunity

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by case33, Mar 3, 2011.

1. case33

case33 Junior Member

We are looking into this Product as a potential dealership agreement. Located in Canada and just wondering about the product re reliability and support. Any replies appreciated.

2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

:popcorn: Don't mind me. This may get interesting eh Matt, Mark?

3. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

LOL.....Best of luck. you are in CA too...hahahahahahahahaaa

4. case33

case33 Junior Member

Re Blizzard

Thanks for the reply-I think??

Care to elaborate-we are looking at a sizable investment.
    Thanks
    Ron

5. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

And what does the Country have to do with his question? :mad:

6. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Theres lots of good reading and reviews on here about the product. Some good, some bad. Most will complain about dealer support...and price of parts locally. If you can figure out a way to make that less painful for the end user you may be onto something. Its been rumored that the same part or plow is almost 50% cheaper in the US, but you would have to research that to satisfy yourself.

I know guys (and girls) who have Blizzards and Wideouts etc and they swear by them.

If your market is untapped get distribution rights before someone else does and set up sub dealers.

7. case33

case33 Junior Member

Re Biizzard Dealers

Thanks for the reply-

I understand the importance of getting a dealership for a given territory-

We can get around inventory and parts availability-

Great insight!
    RON

8. forbidden

forbidden Senior Member

It is not a rumour, all items are way cheaper in the US. Not knowing how the line is sold in Canada I can only guess BUT I can make an educated guess. I was in retail for the last 20 years up until last September. I sold audio equipment. If I wanted to sell line A,B,C,D,E,F,G, then I was forced to buy them from a Canadian distributor. The distributor had a signed sales agreement with the manufacturer that they were the only people authorized to distribute the line in Canada. This meant that I could not purchase from the manufacturer at all, I was forced to buy from the Canadian distributor. The costs, magically they were usually about 40% higher. How is it good business sense for me to pay 40% more for something just for the ability of being able to sell it? Is that good value for my customers? Customers are smart and are getting smarter, they shop online all the time and 99% of them were buying out of the US market, at 40% cheaper or more and having the items shipped to Canada or as most of the population of Canada is so close to the border, driving across themselves and picking it up. I am not about to sell something at 5% over cost just to get the deal, that is a great way to put yourself out of business. If Blizzard is forcing you to purchase from a Canadian distributor, pass on it right now and move along to another line to retail. You are in business for yourself, not to line the pockets of the Canadian distributor.

9. case33

case33 Junior Member

re Dist Agreements

Hi and thanks for the information-we are in the Heavy Equip Business here-Case heavy-and we fully relaize the difference in dealing with the supplier-would not even consider it!

I hope to get an answer soon re dist agreement for our province.
    Will keep u advised-

Thank again
    Ron

10. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

There are other thread on other forums discussing this issue.

No offense. Can't get parts in US never mind get parts in CA

I am sure my comments will be disappear.

11. forbidden

forbidden Senior Member

I have been waiting over a month for a part, I could have built it by now. All I need is a simple chunk of metal that was missing out of the box......

12. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

Sorry, I misinterpreted, thought you were slamming Canada, my appologies.

On comments disappearing, I can relate. I had a whole raft of them vaporize in the strobe lighting forum because I called a sponser out on some BS he pulled with me.

13. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

X2.... I finally canceled my order today:nod::popcorn:

14. powerplow

powerplow Junior Member

HI Forbidden
    What dealer did you take it to?

15. forbidden

forbidden Senior Member

Alberta Forest and Garden in Calgary. After being in retail for 15 years myself I understand some delays but this is beyond expectations. If I head into town in the next couple of days, the parts that I do have are going back for a refund I hate to say. Then the retailer can go after the distributor for the loss of the sale that they incurred.

16. powerplow

powerplow Junior Member

what part were you waiting on?

17. forbidden

forbidden Senior Member

My part arrived and had been sitting there. I did not receive a call, was probably overlooked but when I went in unannounced, they found it right away and out the door I went. Not a big issue, ***** happens sometimes and life goes on. I just left retail after 20 years of it and I know all too well the BS that happens behind the scenes.

The box was missing some misc. bolts, washer and nuts as well as one metal bar that held the rubber onto the top of the plow. Would have been nice for a better deal on it and normally I would ask but I did not. Maybe next time I am in there looking to buy they will remember the fiasco and offer up a slightly better deal on new item.