1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking at curtis 3000

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by pipelayer, Aug 25, 2014.

1. pipelayer

pipelayer Senior Member
    from CT

I'm looking at a curtis plow it's 8ft full trip moldboard, was wondering if there's any common issues with these, anything that may be a wear item, and something to look for at these, I know fishers inside and out, but never had/really looked at a curtis, also do these blades have down pressure, someone mentioned it to me, and searching it on google really didn't yield any results. I believe this plow is a hitch n run, it's not the old style with hinge pins into the frame.. Thanks.

2. DERHNTR

DERHNTR Junior Member

No on the down pressure on a Sno-Pro 3000. I have been using Curtis plows since 98 wore out the first one a 2000 series. The thing I like about the Curtis plows is the A frame being enclosed. You slide back off from the pile with out hanging up. Can count the times hung in a pile on one hand. I use to be hung all the time with my Meyers and Western plow. Good luck

3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

I had a curtis cant find parts so i bought a western ultramount

4. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

If you need parts for a Curtis this is a full real deal Curtis Plow dealer this is all he does.... Plows!https://www.facebook.com/pages/Clean-Rides/280461485392527

As far as the full trip Curtis plows, is the pump location, they are hard to get to, they tend to have corrosion issues when they start to age. The Curtis trip edge plow has the pump up off the a-frame nicely located on the lift frame, easily accessed for service. The other issue Curtis plows have is the electrical plugs, they tend to only last a few years before the pins corrode or loosen in the molded plug causing alignment and connection issues.

The Curtis plows do utilize a simple electrical system with standard relays kinda old technology, but easily troubleshot and repairs. The frame mounts can be expensive as all brands are, but are easily installed on most brands of trucks