1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking at boss power V 8.2

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by pipelayer, Feb 19, 2015.

1. pipelayer

pipelayer Senior Member
    from CT

im looking into a boss power V 8.2, it looks to be in great shape, comes with all truckside for my truck for a steal. im picking up a new truck soon, and would like to try something new, for the price of the plow. from those who have run these how is this setup, i run a fisher E-ZV now, and i like it alot, just looking to try something different and see how it stacks up. Everyone i talk to seems to like their boss plow, no issues, i just dont know if im going to like full trip, vs trip edge. just want a few opinions, i have both dealers close to me, with relatively the same hours, so service and parts wouldnt be an issue.

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Just a couple of weeks ago there was a rash of "A-frame is twisted, bend or plow isn't level". Research.

All plows have problems but the non-trip is a ***** on plow,truck, driver.

3. loyjms

loyjms Member

Everyone in my family runs Boss and that's what we run on the farm. We have a 9'2" Power v on the farm truck and it works flawlessly. My buddy who pretty much bleeds Western will be buying a new Boss this year after using our Boss. The trip edge is much nicer then the full trip, but you just have to bit more cautious in unknown territory especially when v'eed back, it will dig right in on sod.

4. pipelayer

pipelayer Senior Member
    from CT

Just wanted opinions on trip edge v plow vs full trip v plow

5. loyjms

loyjms Member

Trip edge for sure.

6. CowboysLC_DE

CowboysLC_DE Senior Member

I'm happy with mine. I plow all small lots (biggest is about an acre) and one HOA, plus driveways. I put my plow through 12-16 hours of work on a regular storm 3-5". Next year this truck will be a full-time back-up or sold and I will probably try out the trip-edge but I don't have an issue with the full trip on my properties.

Michael

7. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

The trip edge vs full trip depends on what you are plowing. Mine are all full trip BOSS. I plow the same things over and over and know what will trip it, so I don't do it. Can't remember the last time I had a full on surprise trip.

8. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Be careful of a steal on a Boss Plow. It may be stolen. Get the serial number and have it run before you buy.

9. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

I like the full trip Boss plow's - mostly because I'm use to running them.

Trip edge would be easier for someone to learn with though.