1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking at Blizzard 7600LT -- Need advice

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by schwerhaiv, Jan 6, 2014.

1. schwerhaiv

schwerhaiv Junior Member

Hello:

I am looking at a used 7600 that a used car dealer around here is selling. Was on a truck that was bought through the auctions. Aside from making him show me it is working on the truck before taking all of it off, is there a particular thing I should examine to determine condition? It has a joy stick that should mount on the floor with a toggle type switch on the side for the power hitch. Any thoughts on the age of the plow? Thank you!!!
    -Joe

2. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

Sounds more like the old 760LT. Not quite as nice but still a good plow for most. If it is the 760LT, you will be limited to 1/2 Ton only applications and it will most likely not have mounts available for trucks newer than 2009.

3. schwerhaiv

schwerhaiv Junior Member

Thanks. That may very well be true since it was on a 95 Dodge Ram 1500. However, I would be putting it on a Dodge Ram 1500 (2001) that I am buying this week so I think it should work out. I am just a bit worried about buying it since other than checking to see that it works, I am not sure what else to look for. However, for $1k, it seems fair. Thoughts?

4. butters

butters Member

If it is in good shape I'd say it's worth it assuming you can get a mount for it and you have a dealer somewhat close. The 760LT is a heavier plow and according to my dealer it is better made than the 7600LT.

The 7600LT came out in 2008. The 760LT is older. I bought mine in 2004.