1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking at at new *8ft, have ? for D-MAX

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by GSORK, Feb 22, 2008.

1. GSORK

GSORK Senior Member

So I called a dealer the other day . I need to get a plow for my crew cab D-Max. I have to go beetween NYC nad Western Ma weekly ,sometimes in NYC for 2-3 days and I need something the wife can do the driveway with.

So I got aprice of 4500 for a SD8Ft ,hand controls with tax. Timbrins were $200 extra.
    Does this sound like a fair price? He also sells fisher plows

Does the truck mount hang down to far? It looks kind of low in the pick's I see of other trucks on the site.
    Thanks any info would be helpful

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

What year truck is it? That has to be a installed price, and it is right about where everyone is on all theres. You could go as far as getting a 8'6'' plow for that truck (if your doing commercail) and it would do fine. Add blast and the timberns and you'll be ready to go.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  3. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I agree. What is the year of the truck? I have a 2004 GMC 2500 Dmax that i installed a SD 8' also. I had to turn the t bars 6 times. The front end was too low. The mount has to be around 15 1/2" give or take. The plow sounds like the installed price like RBRONKEMA said. I put about 6-800# of ballast in the bed, and no Timbrens. Check out Craigslist and ebay. I bought mine from Craigslist. Check out the Thread in the Boss forum called NEED HELP ASAP. I have included pictures of the install and also have finish pictures. Good luck.

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Yeah I would almost go with a 8'6'' I had my dads 8 footer on my truck today and I had it angeled and it would just almost clear both sides of the truck.

5. Quality SR

The 8' works great on my truck. Nothing goes under the tires.

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

Even with the plow angled to one side or the other? it just looked like it from sitting in the cab looking out the driver side door window.

7. Quality SR

It is very close, but i have had no problems at all. I push both all the way to the right and left. I just took the plow off today, i am going to hook up tomorrow morning and take the truck to the car wash. Ill take some pictures.

8. Quality SR

I hooked the plow up today and took to the car wash and forgot my camera. LOL.I seem to always to that, even during the first storm we had. I angled the plow all the way to the right and left. The end of the blade just makes it to the end of the tire. You can get away with a 8'. I have had no problems what so ever with a 8' plow. There is alot of guys here who run 8' on 2500, 3500 ( single axle) and f250 and 350's. There are some Chevy's here with 7' 6" blades. You will defiantly need a bigger plow for a DA, like a 9'.

9. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I dont have a Boss, but I do have a Chevy 2500 with a 7'6" plow and I must say I HATE it!!!! The plow looks like it is maybe a couple inches wider than the truck, and angled, well it sucks, lol. I put prowings on and that helped. But I wouldnt go no less than an 8 footer.