1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking at an m100/110, tier4 questions

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by PTSolutions, Jan 26, 2014.

1. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

I know there are a couple guys on here with newer kubota's. I was just wondering if they have run into any issues or extra maintenance with the new underhood dpf filters and other emission control systems on these new motors.

Just priced out a brand new m100 for 60k but the tier 4 stuff has me wondering if I should find a used tractor instead.

2. 512high

512high Senior Member

I would post this question to tractors by the net website, I have an 7 year L series, these guys know tractors, just go under Kubota owning/operating, post, you will get many answers

3. lawntec

lawntec Senior Member

I have 2013 3-M110's. They seem to be solid motors. However we have had 1 problem on all 3 of them...the PVC valve freezes and causes the dipstick to launch out spewing oil everywhere. We solved the issue temporarily by disconnecting the PVC from the intake and discharging to free air. We have told Kubota and they are working on a heating element for the system as a result. We expect a solution within the month.
    That being said....remember we often operate for 12 hours or more in -25 temps.

Other than that....they are great!

4. EXR

EXR Senior Member

Do you ever have problems running out of traction? I know kubota is usually a light tractor.