1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking at an intake....

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Bad Luck, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

...for my 04 5.3l. I was sold on the AEM Brute Force until I recently saw a test done with gauze, paper, and foam filters. Looks like a foam filter has the best filtration and keeps the correct amount of flow without having to be oiled. Now I think I may either use a True Flow drop in filter, or their whole set up which uses the stock air box and changes the intake tube.

I know I do not want a K&N or Volant.

Thoughts suggestions?? :help:

2. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Yeah, take that pizz yellow plow of yours and throw it away, then you won't have to worry about so much horsepower just to push that heavy useless piece of steel around... :D

You know I'm just kidding bud. What's wrong with the K&N set up? I was just looking into that myself. You know a hell of a lot more about motors, mechanics, and gizzmos then I do, fill me in.

Buck

3. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

I've just read and heard too many negative and non-productive things about them. Plus, check out www.my-chevytruck.com. They have a video of a test being done on different types of filter elements and their filtering ability. The foam filter had the best results. After seeing what my engine bay looks like I can only image how much crap gets sucked into the engine.

The more I read on these intakes the more of a headache I get.

4. Up North

Up North Senior Member

I hear you on the appearance of the engine compartment, mine is a dusty mess. I drive on a few gravel roads so I can only imagine the amount of grit being sucked into my engine. I should have done something about this a long time ago... :( Is that that correct link to that site your talking about? I can't get it to open.

Buck

5. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

I messed the link up.....google mychevytruck.com and see what pops up...good site....

PS - I was just drinking a can of Sprite and when I threw it out it reminded me of the way that Blizzard of yours crumbles under the weight of the snow.... :D

6. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

I second that. That is a great site. I am a memeber over there. There are a TON of people that know a TON about Chevy/GMC trucks and suvs. I have had a ton of questions answered over there. Plus there are some amazing looking trucks.
    www.chevytruckworld.com

William

7. Up North

Up North Senior Member

LOL! Good one! Focker. :D

Buck