1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking at an '04 Silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by toyotaplow, Feb 29, 2012.

1. toyotaplow

toyotaplow Member

I went with my dad today to pick up his new truck and while at the dealer another one caught my eye.

It is a 2004 Silverado 1500 LS, RCLB, 4X4, 4.8L V8, auto, 150,000 kms. It was an old farmers work truck, never plowed, never towed. Body is a little marked up but no rust. They are asking $7500.

I am used to bringing $500 trucks back to life so I was wondering if the price sounds reasonable. I was also wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the 4.8L fuel wise. I don't pull any really heavy loads, usually just firewood and If I bought this truck it would be my daily driver/weekend work truck.

2. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

I have an 06' 4.8 I dont love the gas but its not bad, this may be due to my back racks that I had made that stick out and catch some wind. But I would talk them down a little if you can. But if it works out it sounds good.

3. toyotaplow

toyotaplow Member

Forgot to mention I searched book value in my area and it came up at $9400 and looking online the closest price for the same truck is $11,000 but it was a fair bit cleaner.

4. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

I hate to say it, but that's a good price in my area. Those 4.8L get about as good fuel mileage as a V8 full size 4x4 can get. I used to get 17 mpg on trips with the 4.8 (just higway, no interstate, and best case scenario).