1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking at a v any comments

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by fireboy5722, Oct 29, 2010.

1. fireboy5722

fireboy5722 Senior Member

looking a a hiniker v-plow for my 84 dodge w-350 any input would be appreciated

2. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

I've found mine to be quite reliable. Only thing I don't like about it is the plug connections.

3. Laszlo Almasi

Laszlo Almasi Senior Member

A V-plow is typically used only for cutting in when you get too much depth in one event...that is my understanding anyway. Depending on your intended application, you might be better off with a non-V.

On the connections, I agree. I wasn't very keen on the Hiniker connections so I changed all of mine out for waterproof connectors. I used parts from a local NAPA autoparts store for everything so in case I need anything down the road I won't have any problems finding additional components. The power cables were fine as is but I used a 6 terminal, a 4 terminal, and a 3 terminal plug set so I won't ever have to worry about mixing them up when it's cold outside. And get caps for each side so you can keep moisture out and a little bit of grease inside to keep everything all lubed up. I can take some pictures if anyone is interested.

4. fireboy5722

that would be great if you would do that. my big thing for getting a v is clean up.

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

While a vee is very useful for opening up, it really shines for cleaning up. Other than cost, I cannot think of one reason NOT to buy a Vee. Well, weight maybe.

:nod::nod:

I'm not allowed to comment on brand attributes of Vee plows

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Be sure you can get a mount.

7. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

I would like to see a pic of that.

8. fireboy5722

Are there any hiniker dealers on here that can tell me if there is a mount for my truck and a rough price?

9. Laszlo Almasi

Laszlo Almasi Senior Member