1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking at a snow way plow need help to ID it

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by pashtrd, Apr 1, 2008.

1. pashtrd

pashtrd Member

I am going to look at a snowway plow this weekend, the only info the owner has is a serial # on the plow. Any way to ID what it is, and approx how old it is by that?
    ser# 24d101813
    Thanks
    Matt

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

That's a 24 Down pressure plow. Designed for 1/2 ton and lighter PUs. comparable to the MT only with the fenner hydraulics. At least 5 years old, maybe older. the factory could tell you when it was registered for warranty.

What truck do you have?

Does the plow come with a mount to fit your truck?

3. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

This would be a 24 series plow which has our patented hydraulic down pressure system. It would have been produced prior to 2001 as that year we introduced the MT series to replace this model.

Whay type of truck are you looking to put the plow on? The 3 point mounting system that was used with this series is becoming hard to find depending on the vehicle application as it is in the process of being phased out.

Thank you for your interest in our products.

4. pashtrd

pashtrd Member

It came off of a 1994 Nissan 4x4 and is going on a 1991 nissan 4x4. Everything is included all the mounts and wiring etc. The guy is asking $1000 for it, says it is in excellent condition, used sparingly. says the only "problem" is the powder coating is starting to peel.
    I am planning on using this for driveways and smaller lots that my 01 Ram is too big for.
    Thanks
    Matt

5. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

If you are getting the mount from the seller with the plow it will transfer over to your truck without a problem as the mounting kit would have been the same for 87-94 model years.

6. pashtrd

pashtrd Member

So where can i get more info on the 24 series plow? Does the sno way website have any technical info on them? I looked, but didn't see anything.
    Is this a plastic blade or steel?
    Thanks
    Matt

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707