1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking at a Plow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by maxpower_454, Oct 18, 2010.

1. maxpower_454

maxpower_454 Junior Member

I just bought a house and have a decent size driveway. I always wanted to get a snow plow since I enjoy plowing a little snow here and there. I figured I could use it for my driveway and then maybe pick up some customers on the side for a little extra spending money. I found a plow and then got to thinking what liabilities would be involved with even plowing a few driveways. Would I need insurance to do that? What about claiming the money on taxes? I don;t plan on doing more than 10 driveways or so (no businesses) so would I need to go through the hassle of getting insurance and everything else for just a fw little side jobs?

Thanks in advance.

2. msu1510

msu1510 Senior Member
    from MI

i would. i am wondering what your neighbor will do when you accidentally scratch his car that was parked in the drive or you pull out in front of a car going down the road. you better have good insurance, cuz they are not going to want to pay for it.

3. msu1510

msu1510 Senior Member
    from MI

a call to your insurance agent and explain to him what you plan on doing is probably the smart move. good luck

4. maxpower_454

maxpower_454 Junior Member

That's what I did. He's going to get back to me.

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

wait till you get an insurance quote and then make more decisions