1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking at a fisher plow for 94 ranger but need some info please!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Downey, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Downey

Downey Junior Member

I found a fisher "speed cast" h.s. 6.5 plow. its a full hydrolic plow it has everything needed but the v belt pulley to run the hydro pump. i have been looking and i cant seem to find any info on this pulley.

i was thinking of removing my ac compressor and some how mounting it there and using a different pulley on the hydro pump but not sure if it would work. i dont want to buy this plow and not be able to use it on my truck.

any info on making this work some how or where to get the pulley would helpful

here is the plow set up
  2. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

Not sure on a ranger. The pulley on my truck mounts on the crank. Did you check the fisher website.
  3. Downey

Downey Junior Member

i started too but i didnt get very far. i was told by the guy that has it that it hooked to the ac compressor pulley. but he doenst have it.
  4. smallfry

smallfry Junior Member

speedcast pulley

gotta get onto the fisher website and see if '94 ranger is compatible (ie if they made a kit & sheave for the pulley on that engine). if so, try Little John's in ME 207 989 6134 - he sold me one for a '94 s15 - nice guys, straight shooter and they know the speedcasts.