1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking at a bobcat m-610 any help ?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by snow plowman, Jan 7, 2009.

1. snow plowman

snow plowman Senior Member

i am looking a geting a bobcat 610 with the 5.5 bucket on it20 horse power gas motor. i run a lawn care biz and snow plowing are thay any god for moveing snow and stuff ? if u haveany insite on tham pls let me know thx

2. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

It would work...I would think it would be underpowered for pushing alot of snow or stacking snow. But I am sure that it would be better than not having one. Maybe a bit cold though as I don't think those have a cab enclosure or heater.

3. snow plowman

snow plowman Senior Member

no it dont have a enclosure or heater but i can put one in it im looking to use it for moveing snow banks back or moveing tham and light land scaping in the summer ? thay wont 3300 for it its a84 but it has a hydro leek some whare he say he put new plugsin it and cap and stuff on it to

4. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

The M-610 is a classic, but it will be seriously under powered if you're looking to do more than just move scoop of horse poop, or scrape a little dirt/snow off the surface. This machine is belt driven so if you plan on "dozing" big loads, you'll run the risk of toasting a belt. Also the M-610 has a fixed bucket. (not a universal mounting plate, so no forks/snow bucket/auger ect..) IRRC the M-610 did NOT come with a ROPS (cab) so you'd have to fab one, as far as heat goes... good luck; the engine is air cooled. (How are you going to plumb in a heater core when it doesn't have coolant?)

Save your pennies and keep your eyes peeled for a lower hour bobcat 751, 751B or 753. They're all diesel, they all have cabs, they can all have heat and they'll run circles around that old M-610.