1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking at a 751 ,good deal or what?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Showmestaterida, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

Looking at a used 1996 751 Bobcat. Has 1750 Hrs ,aux hydros, Fresh rubber, Fresh Paint , Hand controls, bucket. Leaks some hydo fluid, creaps a little when at neutral, Tracks to one side some. What do you guys think it might be worth ?

2. Showmestaterida

3. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

8,000-10,000

4. Showmestaterida

any..........................

5. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

I've got a 751. C series I think. It has the Peugot engine. The engine is currently in my shop collecting dust. If the machine you are looking at has this engine, expect to repair or replace in the near future. If it has the Kubota engine, you will most likely be ok BUT I would not spend more the 8 grand for it. Just my .02 cents.

6. Showmestaterida

It has the Peugot engine I think. Not paying above 8k. Said it was rebuilt but who knows. Thanks for input , keep em coming.

7. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Ive seen a few in the 6-8 ball park. But i would hold out and find nicer one for $8k. One of my subs got a 753 with a brand new motor and in great shape no leaks, walking, or drift in it for $9k from a bobcat dealer. hope this helps.

8. Showmestaterida

Thanks for input. Maybe going to offer 7k. Been looking around and this is the only one that cheap and doesn't have 2000-3000 Hrs. Any more input? Thanks.