1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking at a 2011 HD

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by obrut, Aug 25, 2011.

1. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

Thinking about buying a new truck, some good deals on new 2011 2500hds. Not sure if I'm ready to spend that much money. I'm trying to figure out what I can get for my 2000 nbs GMC 2500 with 170,000 miles but prices seem all over the place. Also thought of selling my western ultra 7.5 poly pro and just buying a new plow if I get the new truck. Should I sell the truck and plow separate or just wait until plow season and sell it together?

[​IMG][/url] DSC02035 [/IMG]

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

You're going to want a bigger plow if you're going to a 2500HD IMO

3. BlizzardBeater

BlizzardBeater Senior Member
    from Maine

Come fall time, the truck will sell much quicker with a plow. You're also much more likely to get towards the top end of its value with a plow in good shape.

4. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

Not sure what I'm going to do yet, if I buy a new 2500hd I will get a least a 8.5 western ultra mount pro, maybe even a mvp. My truck is in great shape, body is clean except for the rockers are starting to show a little rust. The plow is in excellent shape, almost looks new, kept inside all of time when not plowing.

Its hard to give up a truck and plow like this but I need an extend or crew cab, that's what got me looking at new trucks. One dealer has a sale going right now, $9000 off new silverado 2500hds. I found one I liked, silverado 2500HD LT, extend cab, short bed, gas engine, plow prep, towing package, camper mirrors, cab lights, 20" wheels, convenience package, Z71 for $33,700. Nice truck but I would still need to pay tax, title, license, doc fees plus buy a new or newer plow that will fit.

What to do.....

5. mrsops

mrsops Senior Member

I bought 2 chevy silverado 2500 hds this year. i plowed with mine and the other one im putting a plow on this year. i put a 8' western contractors plow on mine and held up good. i paid around 40,000 for these trucks plus a plow so i paid around 46,000 each!! thats a lt extended cab with some goodies like bed liner auto start and back up sensors

6. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

Any ideas what a new or newer western plow is going to cost me?
    8.5 mvp plus
    8.5 poly pro
    8.5 pro

I was looking at prices and the seem a little high, I'm not sure if these website are listing MSRP or not.

7. mrsops

mrsops Senior Member

I

I paid $5800 for my plow

8. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

I bought the new truck a few days ago. I've been looking around for plows and I might just buy the truck side for the new truck, and try to find a 1 or 2 year old plow for it. Worst case I can always use my 7.5 pro if I need to.

A new western pro 8.5 complete with tax not installed is $4970

I think the truck side only is about $1150

Anyone find better prices than that?

9. Precision21

Precision21 Junior Member

---------------------------------

10. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

Good luck on the sale of your truck. Around here vehicles are not selling. I had my 08 for sale for a month with pretty much nobody calling. I finally sold it to a dealer.

11. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

I've noticed the same, it seems hard to sell anything right now. I traded my wife's yukon in and got $500 less than I thought I would get selling it myself. If the truck doesn't sell, I'll keep it and just keep plowing with it, because there is nothing really wrong with it. I'm going to buy the truck side for the new truck and I can use it as a backup.

12. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

Great time to buy stuff right now. Bad time to sell things. Sounds like you have a good plan.