1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking at a 2009 2500HD

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Rick547, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

115,000 miles at a good price. Clean Carfax, service records, 6.0L 4X4 regular cab work truck, no rust.

What should I be concerned about?

2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

What are they asking for it?

3. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Asking price is $15,900.

They are also a Boss Snow Plow dealer. Looking to make a package deal.

4. WIPensFan

Ok, thanks. I am still interested in selling mine with 46,000 miles, that's why I was wondering.

5. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

I did not know you were selling a truck.

How has the truck treated you?

6. WIPensFan

It's been a good truck, the 6.0L is a strong engine. I've always been a Chevy guy.

7. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Me also but I bought a 99 Ford F150 ten years ago and put a Snoway 26 on it to plow my driveway. Plus of coarse I now plow my kids and friends driveways. The old truck is rusting out bad and I've had to sink money into it to keep it running. It's just time to replace it with something more reliable. So I'm going to back to a vehicle I much more prefer. CHEVY!

8. WIPensFan

Yeah those old trucks can be money pits. Good luck with the Chevy.

9. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Thanks!

Good luck on selling your truck.

10. WIPensFan

Thank you.

11. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

Check the frame for cracks at the upper control arm mount. Mine cracked there. Also just a FYI I bought mine new in Sept of 09 for 24,300. Same set up.

Rear diff cover rusted through, dipstick tube rusted out and warrantied. Cab lights leak in the roof.

12. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Thanks! I'll be checking that out.

13. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

Seems a little high priced for the milage. I bought a 09' from a GMC dealer last Sept. with an almost new 8' Boss, 55000 miles for $18,000.

14. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

You got a hell of a deal!

15. WIPensFan

Why dont you post pics of this truck with a list of options and pics of the plow. How would we know if you got a great deal or a fair deal without making sure we are comparing apples to apples.

16. Earthscapes

from WNY

Lets see its white, no dents or scratches. Its a standard WORK truck limited options, you know cloth interior, crank windows, steel wheels with caps. Oh it has a spray in liner and 4 black tires to match. The plow is red, steel 8' wide straight blade. Why would I lie about it ? The plow is not in pic, its on the blue/white truck.
    Also I don't own the red truck on the left anymore, I traded it in on a 15', would you like proof of that too ?
    I'll be in the 09' tomorrow doing some leafs if there's any special pics that you would like.
    Also the 2 red ones are diesel, the other 2 are gas........

trucks_13.jpg

17. WIPensFan

I never said you lied about it. All I'm saying is that it's hard to compare prices of trucks without seeing them. Some are in better shape than others, even with higher milage. Some are beat to hell with low milage. I mean if you're gonna tell the guy the great deal you got, show him some detailed pics so he can compare to the one he's looking at.

18. Earthscapes

from WNY

I made a mistake the plow is poly.

19. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Like I said before. You got a hell of a deal.

If you find another one like that and at that price. Please contact me. I will buy them every day of the week and resale them. You can't find those kind of deals around here.