1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking at a 2000 chevy 1500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by garyg, Sep 10, 2011.

1. garyg

garyg Junior Member

hey guys. My 98 K1500 finally let go the engine. unsure if it is the head gaskets or oil pump, but anyway the 200k motor is done. No oil pressure and water in the oil. I did find a 2000 Silverado 1500. Same color combo as the 1998, just has the newer body style. My question is, I have a Western Unimoiunt on the 98, I know I need to get the newer unimount #3515 (mount assembly box 63300). Is this mount available? Or can some of you guys point me in the right direction?
  2. Thomas.Creation

Thomas.Creation Member

Have you thought about bringing the old bracket to a welding shop and having them weld it to your new truck? I went this route and havent looked back. I got tired of searching for a mount for the 99 new body style 1500.
  3. billzrx7

billzrx7 Member
    from Chicago

2 years ago when i purchased my plow from a place up by me in montgomery IL they still could get their hands on the 99 mount (same as my 01). The name of the place is Coffman Truck Sales, should come up in a google search. Perhaps they have one and can ship it to you.
  4. wezz_23

wezz_23 Junior Member

how much for the 98 vortec?