1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

looking at 99 F-250...

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by PHS79, May 15, 2005.

1. PHS79

PHS79 Member

I am looking at buying a 99 F-250 XLT, ext cab, short box, 4X4OR, 5.4L V-8 auto tranny with 30,000 miles and a 8' Hinkier plow. The truck was bought new and still owned by my dads cousin who only plows with the truck 3-4 times a year on his own drive. The rest of the time he uses his Bobcat.

I know that most of the time you don't want to buy a used plow truck, but I think that this is a little different. The truck blue books for around $16,000 and I am thinking thats about all the higher that I am willing to go. How much do you guys think the truck is worth?? Also any other advise would be great.

Thanks alot!!
  2. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

Paid 17,900 for my 1999 F250 XLT Crew Cab 4X4 V-10 53,000 miles w/ no plow
  3. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I love mine, especially because it's a diesel. ;)
  4. dieselfreak

dieselfreak Member

I have a 99 F250 super cab Diesel and it runs great i love this truck and would trade it until it went to the junk yard.

oh yea boss do you have a long box or a short box
  5. PHS79

PHS79 Member

Well, here is a little update. I found out yesterday that he wants 19,500 for the truck. If it has a PSD I would buy it, but not with the 5.4L for that price. Thanks for the input guys!