1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looking as a Beginner

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by thelandscaper27, Jan 8, 2002.

1. thelandscaper27

thelandscaper27 Junior Member

Hi Yall. This is my st year actually doing biz in Lawn Care.
    I have a 1989 Chevy Cheyenne 1500 2WD. I plan on plowing next year. Any advice will be helpful.

for another truck, I perfer 2500 series.

2. MTCK

MTCK Senior Member

Are you looking for advice on a new truck to buy, or ways to make the 1500 2wd work for plowing? I think a new one is probably in order.

Marcus

3. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

IMO, for pushing snow with a 2wd, a 1500 isn't going to cut it - and I DO plow with a 2wd myself, but it's an older 1-ton dually.

A good 2500 series (3/4 ton) 4x4 will make a good plow truck, will it be a Chevy as well?

4. thelandscaper27

thelandscaper27 Junior Member

I intend on buying a 4x4 2500 Which year should I go with??
    PS Rather have a used truck.

5. intimidator

intimidator Member

I've always liked the 73 to 87 K- series Chevys. They're everywhere, so the prices are usually reasonable and parts are easy to come by. These trucks are also easy to work on, more so than the 88 and up IMO.

Jason

6. BOSS Adam

BOSS Adam Senior Member

go with a 4x4 you will like it alot better :D

7. chevroletwizard

chevroletwizard Junior Member
    from indiana

WELL THE ONLY THING I CAN SAY GOOD ABOUT A 2 WHEELER IS THAT THERE IS LESS PARTS TO BREAK, AND THEY CUT BETTER DOUGHNUTS IN THE SNOW. GO WITH THE 4X4, AND DONT LOOK BACK, TWO WHEEL DRIVE IS FOR CARS. DONT WIMP OUT WITH A 1/2 TON EITHER GO FOR THE 3/4 OR 1 TON, BIGGER IS ALWAYS BETTER AND TOO MUCH ALWAYS BEATS NOT ENUFF:cool: