1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lookin for some ideas for our 09 Chevy Silverado (1 Ton)

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by rusty_keg_3, Feb 11, 2010.

1. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 Senior Member

Well, we have a 09 Chevy Silverado 3500HD. Right now its stock (Except for Plow and Salter). We still need to get lettering done, but we want to stand out a lil, and we also want to do functional things.

Im taking a welding class this semester, and i can use the schools stuff, i just need to pay for supplies (just the metal). I want to make a backrack (headache rack). I know their are hundreds of homemade ones out there, but its hard do compile them, and go thou, and ask those people if they would do something diffrent if they could.

Mossman has a few things i like, he made a sweet rack, and did back up lights in his bumper... http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=98095

Im just looking for advice on it, and if i could get plans too, that would be cool...

We also want to look in to cost effective lights (strobes), we thought about a little window tint, maybe some diffrent rims and tires...

We havent made any decisions, but are looking for ideas. Please tell us your ideas...

Oh, heres some pics, so you can see what we have to work with.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  2. rusty_keg_3

Ok, resizin images...

09 001.JPG

09 002.JPG
  3. suzuki0702

suzuki0702 Senior Member

why does it sit so outta level? the front is low
  4. rusty_keg_3

Yea, we have been looking at timberlands (of firestone bags)... Its just cause its a 1 ton... The rear suspension is real stiff...

09 003.JPG

09 004.JPG

09 005.JPG
  5. rusty_keg_3

I know a lotta ppl color match stuff like door handles, grille, and the mirrors, and i think the "hood scoops" too...
  6. bossman22

bossman22 Senior Member

Im actually in the middle of building a backrack just like mossmans. haha
  7. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

How much did you pickup that truck for?
  8. rusty_keg_3

35,000 +/-...

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

American? Holy crap
  10. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

You probably mean Timbrens. JJ wears Timberlands.

I really like the red on red on red...reminds me of someone I know.
  11. plowking15

plowking15 Member

I have a blue truck like yours, what doesn't impress me is the bumpers,especially the front,the corners are plastic,gets expensive if it gets hit. There are expensive components behind them. I have looked at aftermarket bumpers,they are very expensive. Also,I am short and I can't reach over the bedsides for tools. I have nerf bars but should have had steps made at bedside near toolbox. I have worktruck edition, the headliner is a light color,is easily smudged reaching for sunvisor or hitting ceiling with dirty hats. I got seat covers ASAP ,the darn seats are gray not vinyl. Skidplate comes with plow package,I haven't hit anything to see how strong it is. plowking
  12. cpsnowremoval

cpsnowremoval Senior Member

id build a rack like that TJS guy in that forum real clean
    would be sweet to build a flatbed for that chevy
    find good deal on steel use the schools wire haha
    heavy duty bumpers
  13. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

I really like the red. First thing I would get for it would be some rims and tires. 4-5 turns on the torsion bars and you have a whole new truck.

THE-BOSS-PLOWS Senior Member

You should probably get a better set of rims and some type of towing mirrors.
  15. cleansweep007

cleansweep007 Senior Member

You should junk that beacon light and get a led light bar instead !
  16. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

Here's an idea for a back rack....

This is just what I did....some things I would do different or will change...better attachment points (since I filled the post holes no place to drop something else in if I need too)...more tie offs on the bars down the bed....bed line it right away....on your truck I would raise the rack all the way to the roofline so I could put on a full size bar...timberens too I think...other then that your truck looks like a money maker...good for you.
  17. rusty_keg_3

Yes...? It was paid off the week we got it...

Nice, any pics?

Yea, i meant Timberns... Thanks, who dose the red remind you of?

To get in the bed we just step on the tires... Do ther make nurf bars fot the bed?

Yea, we had some nice Mickey T's and toyos' but they sucked for plowin...

We were just talkin about mirrors, like 3 days ago...

Yea, we have been lookin at hide-a-ways, and light bars... But they are pretty expensive... You gotta remember the truck is all paid off, and we have only plowed twice, until this last BIG storm... So, the truck buget is little... But it is growing.
  18. bossman22

bossman22 Senior Member

put them black rims back on, bigger tires like bfg ats, line x it, build mossmans rack, put an led lightbar, either crank the torision bars or get timbrens.
  19. bossman22

bossman22 Senior Member

And no I dont have any pics yet I will though.
  20. rusty_keg_3

We sold the black rims, and we did the DIY liner... (herculiner), would bfg ats be good for plowin?

Ok, cool.