1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lookin at this tractor, give me some input please!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by BoyneCityGuy, Jan 13, 2010.

1. BoyneCityGuy

BoyneCityGuy Senior Member

http://www.tractorhouse.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=5674780

Hey guys, im looking at this tractor, havent gone to see it in person yet, but it seems to be in good shape, let me know what you think and what you would pay. he is asking $15,000 for the tractor and implements, also has a trailer that is supposedly negotiable. any input is appreciated! FYI it would be mostly a summer machine, but do some snow moving on occasion for hauling away or moving piles.

Thanks!:drinkup:

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Nice clean looking unit. What would you be using it for? They can't pick up a whole lot but they sure do work nice. Also consider what you might be getting into in the future. Will you be needing a bigger tractor? Might be something to put some thought into, and buy a bigger one for the same price as this one. Just my 00.02.

3. fairrpe86

fairrpe86 Senior Member

They work well for spreading fert and aerating in the summer. We also have a brush hog for ours that it runs pretty well. I am average height and my legs get a bit cramped when running the machign for more than an hour or two at a time. Over all a pretty solid maching that hasnt given us very many problems that I can recall.

4. BoyneCityGuy

it would be used for a little dirt work, some mowing, lots of mulch and lighter loader work, loading some trailers with logs and skids of material...just general landscaping...i dont have to have a huge loader capacity, but i am interested in something more in the 35HP range. i can make due with one this size though. i just have to be careful not to go too big and not be able to manuever or tear up peoples lawns. and i really dont want turf tires, just not enough grip in dirt or on slopes...thanks for your input though, all great points!

5. RJ lindblom

RJ lindblom Senior Member

The R4 would have better traction than turf tires. I would guess by tire tread that hours appear to be pretty close. With the forks, blade and other attachments it looks to be a fair deal.

6. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

that's alotta hours for 15k. I think you could do better

7. BoyneCityGuy

that was my thought, i prefer the R4 to anything else i have used. ag tires are good for field work, but the R4 seems to be a great all around tire. im gonna try and get him lower, or to throw in the trailer or somethin, but we will see, he has to return my calls first

i agree its quite a few hours for the money, but i look at it as "you can ask whatever you want" in the end it comes down to how bad he needs to be out from under it...how low he will go. i know there are other tractors out there, so if this one were to pass me by, i wouldnt be real worried...i just like that it has quite a few implements already...

thanks for your input guys! keep it coming!:drinkup:

8. bossplwr09

bossplwr09 Member

Looks like a nice machine Joe, i would definitely try and get him down on the price, or like you said negotiate with him for the trailer.. Great entry level machine IMO for landscape work, and those attachments will give you a lot of versatility for projects that you can take on.

9. BoyneCityGuy

thanks Zeke, that was my thought, i figure i can pick up a few more attachments as i need them, but that is a great start. i know a rake would come soon for it, and maybe a tiller, but i figure that would do me nicely...and those hours arent bad on a diesel, especially if it was mowing mostly...we will just see how bad he wants me to have it!payup

10. bossplwr09

bossplwr09 Member

Haha exactly, i mean he says in the ad he's relocating, so it shouldnt be too hard for him... And especially up in your area I think it's extremely beneficial to have the ability to do a plethora of jobs for all the summer cottages and open land up there. Good luck with it.

11. BoyneCityGuy

exactly, i service a number of cottages, and some land, but have been limited by not having a tractor of my own...i always feel like a jacka** borrowing stuff like that. hopefully we can get this moving and expand my services for next summer! thanks for the encouragement!

Joe

12. BoyneCityGuy

well guys, this one passed me by, the guy called and said he sold it about a week ago and just didn't remove the listing, but i have another one in my crosshairs, a 4400 this time, little less money, little less hours, little more HP, just no implements other than a bucket. its in southern indiana, but they are sending more pics soon, im hopeful on this one!

here is a link if you are interested: http://www.tractorhouse.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=5477165

i got him down to $13,200 already just by saying i would be able to pick it up, so hopefully a little leg twisting will get the price down or some new implements included, we will see!

just thought i would post the update, enjoy, and i appreciate the comments!

13. RJ lindblom

900 hours on a 10 year old machine. That is not bad at all. It looks like new tires will be needed. Looks like a finish mower hanging off the back... Is that included? That might be something you could seperate off or trade for a different attachment.

14. BoyneCityGuy

it is actually at 1027 hours now, but still not bad. a doctor owned it its whole life, bought it from the dealer who now has it and they have done all the service. most of its hours were mowing so not hard hours. unfortunately no implements come with it, the mower was just on in the picture. i am going to try and negotiate for a mower, box/scraper blade, york rake, tiller, or pallet forks. all of those would come in handy for me, and would sweeten the deal a bit. it also needs a new seat, which i would like to try and get included, so we will see.

thanks for the comments!:drinkup:

15. RJ lindblom

A York rake, box bade, or even a straight blade would handy... I was thinking something like a 7 foot for clearing a wide area and then using the loader to make the pile.

16. BoyneCityGuy

those are my thoughts exactly!

17. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

It looks realy nice. I don't know what you would be doing with it, but it seams realy small to me.

18. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

It's Green! :drinkup:

19. firemt036

firemt036 Junior Member

its always nice to have a small kick around deere but it seems like you want snow machine capabilities and i think this 1 is too small and 2 open cab burrrr take your time and get what will be pratical for you look towards mini loaders jcb or deere 244? good luck