1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lookin at Dodge Trucks, need help!

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Newdude, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Hello. I have been looking localy for a 3/4 ton truck and found 2 rams that caught my eye.

and :

the first one is a 2000 with the 5.9 gasser and 66k one the odo. the second is a 1994 12 valve CTD but has unknown miles. Both appear (though both only have 1 pic) to be in good cond. especially the 1st one. Do either of these look good? What should I look for as to problems? any plow recomendations if I pick up one of these? Thanks for the help.
  2. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

The 2000 Gas looks like a REALLY good buy to me! And clean for the money with pretty low milage too
  3. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

do a carfax on both i almost bought a truck but i did a carfax and it had been rolled. usually really good deals are because the vehicle has something wrong with it or a prior salvage etc.
  4. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

how much would a report cost?

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

i would snatch that red one up in a heart beat.
  6. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

http://carfax.com/ :bluebounc

$30 for unlimited
  7. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I'd take the 2000 gasser in no time. That price almost seems too good to be true.
  8. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Somethings wrong with that deal. 2000 2500 4wd with 66000 miles for 5,000?
    Thats a good price.

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

i know thats what im saying, if it all checks out and it does in fact have 66k and not 166k then **** yeah snatch that thing up. its a great price.
  10. g.moore

g.moore Senior Member

Once you go diesel you will never want a gasser again. Running a '96 12V with 179K on it and wouldn't trade it for anything, pulling 19.4-20MPG consistently.
  11. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

That 94' would be a really nice truck since it has the Cummins but it is getting old. If you dont buy the 00' let me know and I will. You just cant buy those trucks around here for much under $10,000
  12. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I'd buy the Diesel also. There is virtually nothing to go wrong with the 12V engine, they run damn near forever, and maintenance/turning them up is simple as pie.
  13. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

red one looks nice
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2007