1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lookie what showed up last night...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Kybol, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Kybol

Kybol Senior Member
    from Alberta

[​IMG]

The other one was getting lonely working by itself.

2. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

OMG would love just to have one of those for one storm:cry: Lucky......... should go to the local ski place and use one of his......

3. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

What do you plow with these? The tracks cant be to easy on pavement.

4. Kybol

Kybol Senior Member
    from Alberta

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=75096 Thats is what we usually do with it, the carbides would probably chew up the pavement.

Had to bring the other one home tonight to do some work, so i thought i would grab a few quick pics of them together:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

So you plow camp roads and things of that sort?

6. zeek

zeek Member

Would love to have it for our snowmobile trails.... with a nice drag behind it

7. 04chevy2500

04chevy2500 Senior Member

i would love to run one of those. how much can you clear with those two machines?

8. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Those would be awesome machines to plow with

9. Kybol

Kybol Senior Member
    from Alberta

quite a bit, lots of power, lots of traction and lots of blade, and they would do more, if we didnt cut a foot off of each side.

10. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 Senior Member

Man, those are so sweet!!!!

11. pushinpaul

pushinpaul Member

"So you plow camp roads and things of that sort?"

If you look at the caption above his vid it says "making a turn around by one of the wells."
    He is referring to a gas well. Pipelines and roads out to wells are what are plowed by the snow cats.
    Kybol - not trying to step on your toes. Correct me if im wrong. :drinkup:

12. Kybol

Kybol Senior Member
    from Alberta

Thats exactly right, we go in with the snocats since alot of it is in the muskeg, and we need to open it up to let it freeze more for the tractors to go later on. If we dont open it up, some spots wont get enough frost to hold the tractors.

13. pushinpaul

pushinpaul Member

Interesting. I didn't realize that you were on muskeg. I figured you just used them because they are awesome pushers. Makes sense because they've got such a lgp.

14. 04chevy2500

04chevy2500 Senior Member

those things must cost a pretty penny :)