1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looked at

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by turfmasters, Dec 25, 2008.

1. turfmasters

turfmasters Member

2. DirtyJerzey

DirtyJerzey Senior Member

seems to be about the going rate for those spreaders... I was going to get one myself for the amount of volume the dump will hold but my biggest reason I went away from them was a SS vbox was cheaper and it was a gas motor so I was drawing a ton of power from the truck and its my only dump truck so if i need to pick up more salt or something all I need to do is pull out the vbox, even if my dump breaks down I can just swap the vbox into my other truck...Id say cons are having salt sitting in that metal dump bed, and if you back into anything your probably out of a lot of money. pros you can sure hold a lot of salt and utilize all that bed space.

On another note I see a lot of people using them and they love them, some use them all year round to help spread mulch during the off season.

3. turfmasters

turfmasters Member

Thanks for the info!

4. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

sorry the words Snowex and $5800 should not be in the same sentance!

I think they make a great low volume spreader but if you are using a dump truck you are probably using quite a bit of salt and a slow going electric snowex will take forever to spread it.

For $5800 i would get a 4 yd salt dog gas v box or drop a little more and get a hydro under tailgate system. I think we only payed $6500 for our tailgate system with the hydro motor and all

Last edited: Dec 25, 2008
  5. snowman55

snowman55 PlowSite.com Addict

paid $4800 for mine at reinders. spreads great and can empty 2.5 tons in about 30min.

6. KCAPXIS

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

Go spend some money !!!!

$8000.00 will get you central Hyd, with a SS under-tailgate spreader installed !

You will get over the sticker shock the very first time you use it, and you'll feel sorry for all the other guys with V boxes!!!

Glen, Give me or J P a call we would be glade to show you our truck spreader,

7. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I have 2 2400s. I love them. I can do the same as any V box, plus I can stay out longer.

J.

8. turfmasters

turfmasters Member

Carl:
    Went to Pauls on Friday and had another Western Ice Breaker V-Hopper put into the green dump.I will call you today.