1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Looked at your winter equipment yet?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ProSno, Sep 6, 2003.

1. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

Just started pulling mine down and going through it, this year there will be no surprises!!! hear me oh snow gods nooooo surprises!:cool:

2. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

I have started a little of the routine maint.

I still have to put the plow on the new 1 ton.

Think snow,
    Mark K

3. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Hey, when did you buy a new 1 ton?? What kind of truck is it and what kind of plow is on it? You gotta let us know about these things. :D By the way, happy birthday! Mike :)

4. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

Hey thanks Mike:drinkup:

I'll try to get some pics later on, my camera batts seem to be shot.

Later,
    Mark K

5. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Me and dad are gonna repaint the meyers next weekend. will will fix a plowlight and get a new control switch. then we will be all set for winter:nod:

6. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Hooked up the 9' today to check it out. Worked good. Went around to some of the places to put out markers, check any construction and take digital pictures. One place is putting in a new road so need to get with them. Then took a hike out in the woods behind the house with the wife ;) . So the 7.5' will have to wait till tomorrow to check it out.

7. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Bill,

It's not snowing yet why would I look at my snow equipment??????

Seriously, I was in Bradford, PA yesterday for a Ford dealers open house to check out the new F150s and the Blue Thunder monster truck. ( Niece has a love of monster trucks so she made me go )

Had a new 810 hanging off the F350 putting the push on 125,000 trying to get her broken in. Lots of looks and some good conversations with truckers. Most said that with the weather getting colder every day maybe I wasn't too far off.

Shop is starting to see more repair traffic as people are getting ready. Most are about 3 wks early so it's nice.

By the way how would a new plow pull a suprise on you??

Jerre

8. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

The 810 on my f-350 is new but the one one my 250 is going to be three years old so you never know. You know what I mean Jerre? I don't trust anything new or used. Its good to hear from ya, how are things? I'll be talking with you on the next conference call for Sima anyway. Take care guy.:jester:

9. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

had to move plow this week it still works meyers plow hooking up strobes tomorrow

the work you do is a direct reflection upon yourself

jeff

10. szorno

szorno Senior Member

Ah yes, 2 seasons in the mountains- Winter, and getting ready for winter...
    Been sending out proposals all week. Started re-wiring the light bars on my wifes Ramcharger. Got the bracket for the 2500 from Jerre. Now I gotta get a weekend to put it on. Gonna hafta settle for the 7.5 proplow I already own rather than get the blizzard I want. Maybe a mid-season change.:nod: Yeah Howard I'm wishin'...
    Another rainy night may produce another dusting of snow. I am getting pumped!

11. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Hmmmmmmmmmmm I think someones a little anxious for some white gold...................................BILL??????

:D:D:D

Don't worry my friend you surely are not the only one

Jay

12. wyldman

wyldman Member

Just sold off most of our big equipment,so not much to do this year.Just some small stuff on our remaining plow trucks.

13. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I put a good coat of red on the Western last week, I'll get around to changing the fluid next week hopefully, if not, I've got a little time left. I'm also going to try to inspect it again for any 'funny' looking welds or any worn pins/bolts and get them replaced while its still warm outside. Two new hoses last spring (one at 2am) And a new chain, other than that, I think I'm ready.:drinkup:

14. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Just got in from hooking up the 7.5'. All set. Let it snow:drinkup: :D payup .

15. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

well mine is still in pieces and getting sandblasted, hopefully the guy will finish it today. I am setting up a new hydraulic system for the blade this year, same as what Mike aka LGF/SGF uses. it is the same pump as the new boss blades, should be a hell of alot faster:D

16. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

I have to sandblast and paint some of the plows in the next couple weeks.

17. Bossfan

Bossfan Member
    from Kansas

I have already put my sander on my F-550 to check it and start it up (yes, I did take it back off) I also hooked up both my Boss V plows. One has a cylinder that is locked up that I need to replace. Other than that, snow plowing equipment is ready for action!! Need to fix one motor on my dual revolving beacon on my 550.

18. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Ok so I read this post and it really got me into winter mode. I hopped in the truck and drove down to New Haven Body (a CT Fisher dealer) and snapped a few shots of their Fisher stockpile for us to stare at and dream of snow.

19. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

New Haven Body Builders

p9060001.jpg

20. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

A pic of the stockpile from a distance.

p9060002.jpg