1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Look you can make money plowing too

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gslam88, Jul 30, 2003.

1. gslam88

gslam88 Senior Member

Guys,

I happen to see this add in our local paper, the Bargain news

SNOW PLOWING BUSINESS FOR SALE,

Earn Extra Money!!! 35 house route, 1995 Chevy Blazer w/low miles & new plow! Route brings in $1800-$2400 per snow, located in Scarsdale, $35,000 best offer! Serious only! (203) XXX-XXXX or (914) XXX-XXX (4X) XXX@optonline.net. Greenwich

hummm... you can buy a blazer... worth maybe 5 or 6 grand... and 35 customers... humm...

such a deal.....

any takers

Pete

Last edited: Mar 15, 2007
  2. wyldman

wyldman Member

Hey,if he can get it,all the better for him.You'd need to know more details on the value,but it is a little high.

I just sold off a large part of my snow business,and never expected to get what I did for it.It amazes me what people will pay for a turn key business with good clientelle.

3. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

Heck, what is his addr???
    If I could keep ALL thoes contracts for multiple yrs. I'd buy in a heart beast at $68 a drive per pop. I wish I could find customers willing to shell out that much... Would only take 14 times to pay for them with a free turck & plow to sit arround the lot....

Really tho all the guy wants someone to work for him for a year for free & the business is yours.....

lol

4. Manx

Manx Senior Member

The funny part is
    Why is the plow new :rolleyes: if it's a existing buss.

5. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

It amazes me that people will spend that mosny when there is still no gurantee of the business. The new owner still has to renew all the contracts. All he really gets is the truck and a list of names.

Having said that there are places in CT that can make that. I have 11 driveways that I charge $100 a push for. Why? They are long, steep and need salt and or sand. These awners except this because they know that they need to be able to get out. They are happy with the job that is done and therefore willing to pay. I can sometimes spend 20+ miuntes plowing stacking and salting theses accounts.

My whole point is that you are taking an average of the profit per storm for a driveway price. More then likely he has a good route, tightly setup that has varied accounts.

6. gslam88

gslam88 Senior Member

Fireman....

After seeing your response I have decided to sell my route, truck and see what else I have to sell.....

hummm 98 2500, 30 customers commercial and residential... first $1,000,000 takes it all.......

any offers??????

Pete :nod: :nod: :dizzy:

7. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

Yeah really, '01 2500HD, V-plow, 30 exelent customers tight route, Only $75,000

8. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I never said I would buy it. That is my point you really are only buying a truck, plow and a chance of customers.

I was just justifying the profit that CAN be made. I also do not know Scarsdale.

9. Roger Dodger

Roger Dodger Senior Member
    from nw Pa.

Well, I guess I'll sell mine too then since sales bargains are flying about here.

I'm offering 7-8 thankless neighbor's driveways, one of whom won't even pick up the habitually spilled garbage on the mornings of "garbage day", only to let it blow into my yard along with their drifting snow. All this can be had for the sum of 25 cents.

10. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Sorry to bring this up, but all these trucks and routes for sale should be in the "Classifieds Forum". :D Mike :drinkup:

11. gslam88

gslam88 Senior Member

Mike,

If there were truly trucks and routes were for sale then you are right.... however if you willing to offer the price that everyone above is offering than they are not really for sale.....

Pete

12. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Sold, except for the "garbage neighbor" :gunsfiring: . It's nice being thanked, but getting a check on a timely basis is even better.payup

13. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Scarsdale is the upscale section of White Plains, full of NYC commuters. It sounds like he's getting about $50 per push, not unreasonable for that area. My guess is that licensing would be required in that area too.

Seems a little steep for the risk you'd be taking.

14. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Along the lines of what I was thinking Pelican. Probably could make the money but risky spending that much for no gurantees.

The one time I bought a route I had the seller get the customers to sign contracts with me for one year. This was my safety. Most of them are still with me.