1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Look what I just picked up!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by SullivanSeptic, Feb 8, 2010.

1. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

Got this really cheap, so I had to get it. I heard mixed reviews on this model, but I figured why not. I came with the hitch mount, wiring, controler and vibrator.

IMG00060-20100208-1238.jpg

IMG00061-20100208-1238.jpg

IMG00062-20100208-1238.jpg

2. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Nice unit Sullivan! Did you wire it up yet?

3. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Oh and nice tool box! Where did you get that! LOL

4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Crystal Lake. lol.

I'm assuming he got it from you?

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I've seen some guys run a strap around to keep it straight.

6. SullivanSeptic

I have the built in bars that secure it to the bed rails. They are just not on yet. And yes I got the tool box from pushin

7. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

which model is that one? and how does it work for you? what are you putting threw it?ice melt, salt/sand?

8. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Hows having the big a** box in a 6.5' bed? I have the same size box and I think I'd have to sell it for a smaller one if I ever got a short bed lol.

9. SullivanSeptic

Well it sucks having such a large box in a short bed, but the tool box cost almost nothing. So for winter, it gonna stay on the truck. Summer time it will come out because I don't care if my stuff is in there. I will be trading this truck in for a long bed for sure.

10. SullivanSeptic

Its a TGS06. Hopefully it works great, but i haven't run anything through it yet. I just picked it up on Saturday. I will be running mostly bulk salt, but maybe bagged. Depends on pricing of the bagged. It has a upgraded vibrator that practically shakes it off of the truck. I have the ability to store a good amount of bulk and I have machines to load it, so since bulk is so much cheaper, it will most likely be that.

11. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

lol, if you wanna sell the box in the summer my # is all over the website in my sig :drinkup::nod::nod:

12. SullivanSeptic

Sure. You can have it right now if you really want it.

13. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

I have the same box in my 06 short bed and can still get a pallet of salt in it and shut the tail gate

14. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I'm very interested to see how this spreader works for you. I'm going to be in the market for something this spring, and the Salt Dogg line has my attention.

15. GLS1

GLS1 Inactive

looks real nice good luck

16. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Have you had a chance to run any material through it? How does it work so far?

17. NW Snow Removal

NW Snow Removal Senior Member

one of our subs uses that and the bulk salt goes through just find but thats because i keep it dry. He says the worst part about it is shoveling it full at each stop on his route.

18. SullivanSeptic

No, I havent run any salt thru it yet. I have Buyers sending me the updated spinner to stop the salt from dumping out of the chute uncontrolably. It should be here by Friday. They are sending me the new spinner at no cost so I figured I would just wait until I got it. As soon as I get it back together, I will run some bulk through it and let you know.

19. Louiso

Louiso Senior Member

ha from your picture i saw another truck in the back.... it looks good

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  20. SullivanSeptic

I figure you are talking about the green one? That's my tandem axle tanker truck. I love that thing. Its a big money maker. I'm actually in the process of buying another one. Not sure if I'll make it a tanker or a dump body.