1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Look what I found

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by BC Handyman, Sep 9, 2011.

1. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

Look what I found at a garage sale for .25 cents each, 2 skid shoes that will fit my plow perfect. I'm going to take the wire brush to them to try to clean them up, maybe some black paint, what you all think should I paint them? (not bottoms though)

img_2130.jpg

2. Andrew010

Andrew010 Senior Member

Powdercoat will last longer, paint is cheaper. Depends how much you want to invest.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Pink...............!

4. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

sell for profit

5. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Goldplate them

6. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

As was said plate them......then put them where they belong as door stops, only thing we use our shoes on is our bobcat plows, god only knows how many fisher ones I have laying around

7. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

I would paint the letters "R" & "L" on each one, so I always know which side they go on.

8. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Post # 7 x 2

9. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

Sell them for .50 to me and you will double your profit ;)

10. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

Shoes? What would those be for? I just thought they are used for stabilizing the plow when it gets shipped to me. Worth more in scrap metal then what they are good for. Just another thing that would get hung up on something when I'm back dragging

11. BC Handyman

Hmmm some good ideas GOLD PLATE, PINK, PAPER WEIGHTS, R & L:laughing:, sell for profit, sorry I'd sell them to you for the .50 but the gas$ to the post office makes me think I should just hold on to them for now.
    I have 5 loose gravel driveways, 1 being somewhat long, should I be using shoes for gravel? Do they even help if I'm "floating"the blade? I do scrape up a little gravel into the pile. Is this bad

12. BC Handyman

Well since we all like pics & shiny stuff, I thought I'd post a pic of the shoes I found for .25 each. I got some paint on them(couldn't find a local gold plater) now in in them for a buckThumbs Up I still dont know if I should even bother to use them.

img_2227.jpg