1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Look what i bought for 700 dollars

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by DRBLawnBuster, Jan 4, 2010.

1. DRBLawnBuster

DRBLawnBuster Senior Member

Im going to be turning 16 at the end of january and i have been looking for a truck for a while when i cam across this one. I bought this truck for $700 with only 82k orignal miles, brand new tires, new front bumper, and new shocks. The truck runs great. Im going to replace the bed in the spring to get rid of the rust around the wheel wells. I will be putting a 8ft meyer on it by next winter to start to plow. I tihnk i got a deal on the truck also the interior is in mint condtion with no rips.

random and devins truck 005.jpg

random and devins truck 010.jpg

bhwt 001.jpg

bhwt 002.jpg

2. Uncle Herb

Uncle Herb Senior Member

Wow, I am jealous!

3. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Looks like you got one heck of a deal.

4. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

wow you got a hell of a deal does that have the 351 or the 460?

5. DRBLawnBuster

its got the 351 in it. If any one as stock aluminum rims for it let me no im looking for a set

6. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

Wow nice find! Did you have to do anything to? $700 is one heck of a deal just wonder why it was so low? Good deal though. What year is it?

7. DRBLawnBuster

only thing i have to do is put new brake pads on rear other wise its all set to go, its was so cheap cause the guy just wanted to get rid of it and he was tried of seeing it set there, its a 1995 and its the XL so its a stripped out work truck.

8. Misch-Rman

Misch-Rman Member

wow what a deal... looks like my old truck ..congratz

9. green frog

green frog Senior Member

Great find. I have 2 of the same trucks like yours, 1 is all white and 1 is all red. Red one has 95k and white one has 183k so you got plenty of life left in her. If your putting a plow on look for a good 4wd shop to put small trusses on front axle. A friend of mine runs a 4wd shop and told me he gets 6 or 7 of our trucks each winter with the front axle tore up. Also I saw one of our trucks with rear fender flares. He said the guy he bought it from just cut out the rust and mounted flares alot easier and cheaper than replacing the bed. I have not looked or found these flares but it looked sweet.

10. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

Ill give you 800

11. cpsnowremoval

cpsnowremoval Senior Member

might be 182,000 miles
    that trucks mint compared to my f150 i bought for 800

12. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Ha ha..:D The OD has been rolled back like wal marts prices.. :eek:

13. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks great, man I wish that would have been me finding it haha.

14. stunter2boy79

stunter2boy79 Member

nice find here in cleveland for that price. i been searching for a while and still cant find a deal like that

15. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

It sounds like a steal. Hope you have good luck with it!

16. IHI

IHI Senior Member
    from Iowa

Looks to be a great find, nice part is there's ample trucks in the bone yards to pick a part from...i have a 93 F250 i keep as a back up so we started upgrading certain aspects this fall and the best thing i did was rip out that mint condition vinyl bench seat and rear seat, traded a case of beer to the local parts guy and got a cloth captain chairs with flip down center console in between them, as well as the rear seats....much more comfortable just t drive it, and really nice plowing since you can now rest your elbows instead of your right arm just hang'n out in the middle of nowhere.

Good job, even if it needs a lil TLC, you got into it right:cool: Be sure to inspect the rear leaf spring perches, by design they hold salt and errode....i know from experience. Be sure to inspect the brake lines as well since mine had got some rot and pin holed on me too, other than that i really like these years, but i had a 95 F150 for close to 8yrs that was bullet proof and did the work of a F350 more often than not...glad i got talked into moving to Ford yrs ago:drinkup:

17. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Nice find, go over it inside and out and keep up on the maintenance and it will last ya for a while

18. Premier

Premier Senior Member

Why cant i fend deals like that? enjoy your new ride.

19. nobullfrogs

nobullfrogs Junior Member

We run a 96 F-150 that has 245,000 miles on it. She's plowed for 13+ years now and still original motor and tranny. Great Truck!!! Better Price!!!

20. NSDOT

NSDOT Senior Member

The price IS right!