1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

look out the window packing it up

Discussion in 'Weather' started by vipereng2, Feb 6, 2006.

1. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

look out the window guys spring sunshine putting a coat of wax on the plow and packin it away hopefully next winter will be better time for spring cleaning get it done early
  2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

It's to early... that would be like putting the lawn mower away in AUG.

"The sky is falling, the sky is falling" Quote, Chicken Little.
    The fat Lady is not singing yet..
    Don't cry wolf!!:nono:

Keep the faith :angel:
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2006
  3. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

Yea it only snows when your not quite ready for it. I would keep it out alittle while long atleast till March hits, and the forecast is clear. Though the chances don't look to good for snow.
  4. Grunt0311

Grunt0311 Member

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????? It is the beginning of Februrary. Spring is not anywhere near here. Everyone is feeling the frustration of a dry January, but come on. Stomping your feet and throwing a tantrum isnt going to do anything but make yourself look silly :cry: ! We still have a good 1 1/2 - 2 mths of winter, and it is finally turning cold again! Keep that chin up, hook up the plow, fuel up the truck, and get ready. You'll be out on the road again, I GUARANTEE it!
  5. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Go ahead and get those plows cleaned up and packed tightly away. You know thats the only sure fire way to get it to snow don't you.:bluebounc
  6. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

So everybody put your plows away. WAY in the back of the garage, behind the mowers. Pile the weed trimmers on top. Heck, go on vacation to Tahiti.:drinkup:
  7. Grunt0311

Grunt0311 Member

You got that right! We were supposed to get just an inch the other night. I purposly didn't put my plow on, and low and behold we got about 4 inches! As a matter of fact Viper, I like your reverse psychology:drinkup: Maybe we should all put them away, and then there would be a blizzard that goes from coast to coast. Then we will all be making payup !
  8. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

viper your posts annoy me. :realmad:
  9. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

You guys really have to start to relax, every 2-4 years we have winters like this. Just because we had a good winter last year means that we will again this year? This planet is constintly changing, and no, don't blame this on global warming, its just a pattern we are in for the year. RELAX and get a hobby:realmad:
  10. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Everyone wax your plows, and shove them so far back in the garage and start working on getting everything ready for spring. Then we will get some snow! You all have the right idea!:nod: :nod:
  11. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

They're saying snow this Fri-Sun here in NJ. We'll see what happens, use reverse psycology(sp?) and it will come payup
  12. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

na. no snow expected for atleast the next 8 days. well flurries if u count that.

be paitent.
  13. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Yup, changed the forecast already...this weather SUCKS!!!:cry: :cry: :angry: :angry:
  14. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Q. What is your Avg snow depth?
    Q, How much this year total?
    What I really want to know is who much below normal is it your area?
    And historically how often does it normally just rain all year around in your area?
    It's common for it to rain there most of the winter?
    Just wondering?
  15. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

iam not stomping my feet iam putting my plow away we got 2 trucks and one can handle any snow we get from here on out .
  16. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

good then read this tough **** :eek: :gunsfiring:
  17. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

not my fault its not snowing...payup payup payup :nono:
  18. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Its Feb 6....

And I have yet to plow a residential customer.

Still 2 months of snow possibilities though.
  19. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

you can handle a 10 inch storm with 1 truck? how many accounts?

who says a 6-10 inch storm cant happen in a month?
  20. Idealtim

Idealtim Senior Member

the reediculously warm weather was nice for a little while to fix essentials that broke and or need maintnance.But now its just getting old.I cant believe that im getting excited over cold, but after all it is one of the three parts of the equation.[cold,humitity,percipitation].I knew it was a bad omen to buy plow number 13 off the lot!:mad: