1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

Look at the pics?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by swa136, May 14, 2007.

  1. swa136

    swa136 Senior Member
    Messages: 149

    I have the broken off piece. Can it be welded, or do I buy a new base for a buck and a quarter?

    muscle3 081.JPE

    muscle3 082.JPE
     
    Last edited: May 14, 2007
  2. B&B

    B&B PlowSite Fanatic
    Messages: 12,777

    Very common thing on the Meyer pumps. Yes it can be welded but to do so properly,it should be disassembled first, so you need to decide if you'd rather just go ahead and replace the sump base since it should be disassembled anyway.
     
  3. swa136

    swa136 Senior Member
    Messages: 149

    Thanks B&B! I'm going to go with a new base seeing I have to take it apart.
     
  4. lawnmedic

    lawnmedic Senior Member
    Messages: 703

    Check your lift arm pivot points for wear. I have only seen this on pump that people leave on all year.
     
  5. itsgottobegreen

    itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict
    Messages: 1,351

    Not to be a jerk. But that will teach ya from trying to look cool all year with your head gear hanging on front. Replace your lift arm too will ya. 90% of all meyer that I have rebuilt that required a sump base was owned by people who left them on the truck all year. The other 10% where people who like to use them as bumpers in auto accidents. Trying to weld them is really a loss since its junk cast alumium. I would just buy a new one.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2007
  6. swa136

    swa136 Senior Member
    Messages: 149

    This is off my buddy's Ford Ranger, he clocked an oak tree while plowing. We all pull our hoops for the off season, this happened on the last plow job of the season(April). I just got around to taking the pics. I'm fixing it for him as he's never had one apart before. I'm trying to find the cheapest way out as he's short on money. Thanks for all the input!!!!!!:salute: