1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LongIsland New York

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Quality SR, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Weather for us tonight........ Hudson valley, New York City, Nassau and Suffolk Counties..
    ...A QUICK BURST OF 1-2 INCHES OF SNOW POSSIBLE LATE TONIGHT AND THURSDAY... ...COLDEST AIR MASS OF THE SEASON... INCLUDING SUB ZERO WIND CHILLS THURSDAY NIGHT...

AN ARCTIC COLD FRONT WILL PUSH THROUGH THE REGION TONIGHT. BEHIND THE FRONT... A QUICK BURST OF SNOW COULD LEAVE UP TO 1 TO 2 INCHES OF ACCUMULATION... ESPECIALLY FROM THE WESTERN LOWER HUDSON VALLEY...TO NEW YORK CITY...TO EASTERN LONG ISLAND AND FAR SOUTHEASTERN CONNECTICUT. A DUSTING TO UP TO AN INCH IS POSSIBLE ELSEWHERE.
    :redbounce purplebou :bluebounc payup IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Quality SR

Now i have to run to my brothers shop to get my truck, he had to put in new break lines, and 2 new calipers....... :dizzy: :dizzy:
    Hopefully the weather people aren't bullsh**ing.....:gunsfiring:

3. Quality SR

Update

Well they were wrong.......
    (Me).................... :gunsfiring: ..... :eek: (weather guy)

4. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Yeah, go figure!:rolleyes: :cry:

5. Quality SR

Here goes another....

Tonight they are calling 1-3" of snow where i am between 7 p.m - 5 a.m Monday morning..

6. E-MAN NY

E-MAN NY Senior Member

tonight

Im looking at radar, lots of Virtiga......not much hitting the ground id be surprised to see any in am, but im PRAYING!!!!!!!!:nod:

7. Quality SR

What town are you in??
    Ya my fingers are crossed...:salute:

8. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Senior Member

It's snowing the hardest I've seen all year right now at 9:34 pm in New Hyde Park. Still don't mean we'll get anything out of it though. Stupid snow. If we get 1/2" I'm going to salt at least.

9. Quality SR

I am in massapequa and i was just out said and it is snowing here too.. I am ready to go.. payup .. they say it should start sticking around 1am.... :bluebounc

10. dan3435

dan3435 Junior Member

started snowing in Merrick:D

praying for something plowable so i can try out the brand new plow:cry:

11. js3350z

js3350z Junior Member
    from NJ

almost an inch here 11:51 PM EST and it just started to pick up :redbounce :bluebounc

12. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Senior Member

Wow, I'm sooooo glad I got up to check the snow @ 3am and can't go back to sleep even though it's another USELESS USELESS USELESS "snow".

13. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

Once again.......... Yep :cry:

14. E-MAN NY

E-MAN NY Senior Member

Last night

Im in Massapequa also....small world:cool: I looked out at 4am, saw the coating went back to sleep only to get a phone call at 6am to put product down on my north-facing accounts....thats the only areas that it accumulated. Oh well at least i can bill 2 accounts for something!!!!!payup

15. I8URVTEC

I8URVTEC Junior Member

I'm in Orange County, NY. They told us we were supposed to get 1"-2" last night too. Woke up early and looked outside...didn't even have a dusting. No snow whatsoever. Thank's weather guy for making me get up for nothing :realmad:

16. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

So much for that forecast, we were supposed to get 1-3" here last night, and we ended up getting nothing, not even a dusting :cry: :angry: ! These weather forecasters can't even predict the weather 6 hours ahead :eek: :dizzy:

17. Quality SR

Ya small world.... :dizzy:
    It was coming down heavy from like 10:15- 11:30 then it stopped...:cry:
    Only a coating..

18. Quality SR

I know tell me about it. They said the same for my area. but all we got was a dusting.. Didn't even stick to the road. Let me tell you i thought we were going to get at least a couple of inches it came down heavy.. but nothing :cry:

19. Quality SR

I dont understand

I was just on accuweather.com and i looked at the 15 day outlook link, It is showing cold weather in the low 20's for about 12 out of the 15 day with no snow in the forecast...... It shows on February 18 (Sunday) Snow..................... But the temp says 38* :dizzy:
    First of all 38* is above freezing(32*) how can we have snow if it is above freezing?????????
    And second the rest of the 15 days there is no snow in the forecast, not even a flurry..:dizzy:
    How can this be????? :realmad: :angry:

20. MRNYC

MRNYC Junior Member

My Brothers In Northeast

Its Over There Will Be No Plowable Snow For Us This Year Forgetaboutit Lets Tighten Our Belts And Wait For Next Year