1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Long Trip With a Plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jrblawncare, Oct 24, 2000.

1. jrblawncare

jrblawncare Senior Member

Hey all,just wondering what I should do.I leave tonight for up north to pick up a plow and I'm having it mounted up there....when I head for home should I put it in the back of my truck or leave it on for the trip,its just over 600 miles.THANKS JOHN

2. jaclawn

jaclawn Member

If you want to overheat your truck, put the plow on the front, and raise it all the way up.

Put it in the bed.

3. jrblawncare

Jaclawn,Why would I want to over heat my truck?Sorry if it was a dump question,I was not sure this is why I asked !!

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Mentor, Angel
    from Chicago

I would put it in the back in your truck bed for a trip of that distance. The truck will run cooler and it will ride much better too.

5. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Back of the truck...

6. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Definitely, the back of the truck!!!!

7. jrblawncare

Thats where it will go...THANKS

8. UNISCAPE

UNISCAPE Member

600 miles??????????? no plow installer by you?

9. jrblawncare

Its a long story...Its a free-bee coming off another truck and going on mine...My old home town Rochester NY...Long live Lake Effect!!!

10. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I mentioned this in another thread, but I will repost here. Discussion of lake effect snow is strickly prohibited. It will cause much jealousy and depression among the members who have to rely actual snow storms, instead of"artificial" snow.
    Dino

11. John Allin

Lake Effect.... Lake Effect..... Lake Effect.....

Eat your heart out Dino.

Revolt in progress...... Revolt in Progress..... We want Chuck back..... Dino the Dictator, OUT !!!!!

12. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

I don't think John wore a hat in the hot sun,some of his little grey cell seem a little crispy.

13. John Allin

Ahhh.... Now I remember ...... Haven't had much abuse in a while.

I knew I missed this place.....

14. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

Stick around,its what makes this place fun,makes me giggle.

15. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Dino,
    Your second decision as a new moderator is also a good one. Keep up the good work. The least you lake effect guys could do is set up some big fans & blow a little of that snow south & east for the rest of us jealous guys & gals.

16. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I have a plan in place to start digging from the Conn. River west to the hudson river. Unfortunately, the enviromental impact study is caught up in red tape, and the army corp of engineers are reveiwing the flood control issues. Maybe next year.
    Dino

17. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

Lake effect snow

You guys can keep it. Dino you are probably too far south but we get it here in the Hartford area and northwest, kinda sux to wake up to a phone call from a customer 12 miles west wondering why the 3" werent plowed and theres nothing but green grass and sunshine out my window.

18. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

John,
    I'm still here, Dino just joined Eric and myself as a moderator. You know how it is here, and with winter coming, we need all the help we can get! Hopefully we all won't be posting here as much then, because we'll all be out PLOWING!

~Chuck

19. John Allin

Can ya all say "AMEN" !!!!

PLOW some snow.

20. Snow Pro

Snow Pro Senior Member