1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Long Term Renting

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by bltp203, Nov 13, 2006.

1. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Does anyone rent their snow removal equipment long term for the entire season? I was always under the impression that to get the big lot jobs you had to own big time equipment. Then I recently went to my local Hertz Equipment Renal and saw about a dozen loaders with push boxes attached. Guy at the desk says a lot of snow contractors go this route....Guess it makes sense, get a job that pays out bout $40,000 and even if you shell out $10,000 in a seaon for rental, you are still ahead.

The plus side is that if you lose the account next season, your not stuck with paying on your equipment while it sits.

Can anyone comment on the pro and cons on going this route?

2. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

pros
    new good stuff
    warrenty(theyll fix it)
    cheap

cons
    not yours
    pay for every dent ding scratch and anything else when you return it

i know a company around here that owns about 2 pick up trucks and they rent about 50 other pieces of equipment from hertz year around to run their business i dont know how it works out for them but they seem to be making a lot of money