1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Long Island Weather Thread 2012-13

Discussion in 'Weather' started by aperfcrcle, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

Figured I start this up for this season! They are saying above average snowfall for us so we shall see what happens. Hope everyone is doing alright and keeping busy, excited to hear from everyone!

2. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Been staring at this plow in my driveway all summer. Needs paint but all the fluids are new, didn't push a flake last year. 2 skid steers ready to roll too. Bring back those blizzards we used to get!!!

3. hatchmastr

hatchmastr Senior Member
    from 516

ive heard the hype i just hope it comes true . it has been preety chilly the last twoo days i hope we get some white gold soon.......

4. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

We also had an early October snow last year...It was looking good early on as well but then warmed up...

5. hatchmastr

hatchmastr Senior Member
    from 516

hey does anhybody know a good whether predictions site.??

i see some places say it will be above normal snow

then i see on the news we will have another warm winter> so much confusion .:realmad:

6. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

I wouldnt rely on any forecasts, just going to have to wait and see what happens

7. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

anyone know a good place to look for used dump trucks? I am in the market for a 2005 and up f-350 / 450 style dump body and I can't find much of anything on ebay or craigslist.. just checking to see if anyone knows a good dealership or anything..

8. alldayrj

Craigs is my go to. Dealers are so expensive. Interested in my massive international dump on there? 1987 for 5k in farmingdale

9. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

haha im looking for something alittle smaller to run on the lawn maintenance route.

10. bluerage94

bluerage94 Senior Member

They're tough to come by... Ryder Trucks in deer park has a few... I may be selling a 1999 GMC 3500hd 6.5 diesel with a myers plow, has a 16yd landscape dump body.

11. alldayrj

Cassone in ronkonkoma has a bunch of trucks. Moistly big guys but i think i saw a 450 there

12. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

hope everyone is doing ok out there, just got my power back late last night. Im hearing 3-4 tonight? put the plow on just now. Dont want to get caught with my pants down.

13. D Mack

D Mack Member
    from L.I N.Y

Whay are you guys thinking??? I've got about 1/2' so far.

14. alldayrj

Accuweather only says an inch

15. snoway63

snoway63 Senior Member

I got about 2 on the roads here in Islandia gonna go hit the lots in a little while and check them out

16. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

ya that inch forecast was a lie.. Im gonna head out in an hour or 2 to check on things.. almost 2" on the ground now in commack

17. E-MAN NY

E-MAN NY Senior Member

First Push!

After a 3hr ride home from NYC, had to put blade on and get ready.....went to rain at 10pm so i started to push.....back to snow at 12am, packed it in till 4am.....still snowing at 4am!!!! We got about 4inches on ground, if colder would have been more! Plowed all accounts. Earliest bill going out in my 20yrs of doing this stuff!! Hope everyone has a safe season, and recovers from Sandy!ussmileyflag

18. 89Heaver

89Heaver Member

So whats the general concensus for this weeks episode? I was hopeful with that west coast storm but seems to not be coming our way. Heres to hoping for some pushing this week.

19. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

All I've picked up on is 1-3inches (light? heavy?) coming in during the day and ending around 2pm.

20. docsgmc

docsgmc Senior Member

looks like we will get passed over this time:cry:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.