1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Long Island thread

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Hubjeep, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

If there is already a "long Island" thread, or something like it please post it up. I would be interested to hear from those who plow here. Snow fall totals can vary quite a bit from year to year, so there isn't really a ton of people with plows, which keep prices high.

Generally, on the N. Shore, 2+ acre properties have driveways all over $100 each.

Pricing is difficult though. When I was thinking about starting up an actual business about 10 years ago, I actually would ask other plow drivers what they would charge (It's in their best interest, if I were to under-charge, that would pull customers away from him).

Here is a graph of the snowfalls here in inches since 1947. 2006 and 2011 only had 5" each year. 2012, 2013 averaged about 46" each year.