1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Long Island Snow - Cudos to SnowBear

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by RJNewman, Dec 27, 2004.

1. RJNewman

RJNewman Junior Member

I got my snowbear poly for christmas (thanks kids) and put the thing together yesterday and 5 inches of snow here last night!!! I have to admit, i was thinking of using this thing for odd jobs and extra cash but now I know what you pros are talking about. It was great for my 3 car driveway and half my cul-da-sac and when my neighbors catch on im sure ill be doing a few of them in the coming weeks but thats about it. like i said, it works good for personal use but there would be no way you would do this commercially with the snowbear. enjoy the snow -

2. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

Glad you like it.. I've always liked Snow Bear!

3. PhantomRacer

PhantomRacer Senior Member
    from boston

Have had my (metal) snowbear for 5 years now....Got to love this rig.

Using it on my 94 2wd pickup with outstanding results.

I have read many message on this board bashing...big time...the snowbear... I feel it is quite unjustified. It works. It pushes snow. Easy to assemble, install, remove. Quite inexpensive.

I thought it was going to stink..2wd pickup and all. But was quite impressed, after installing chains on my rear wheels. I recently (last year) installed snow tires (without chains) and it works quite well. The only weight in the bed is the 4 all season tires I took off for the winter.

But it saves the day. Every time.

12+" of wet heavy snow last night here in Boston...worked like a dream.

Is the SB as good as a Fisher, etc. Probably not. But then again..not many fishers (if any) will mount on my 94 2wd CHevy truck.

But the SB is far better than a snowblower or by hand.

I would buy another in a heartbeat.