1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Long Island Plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bluenite608, Dec 29, 2003.

1. bluenite608

bluenite608 Member

I noticed that there are a lot of guys on this site from Long Island that is pretty cool but ,.. here is the question, WHERE IS THE F'IN SNOW!!!!!!:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
  2. paponte

paponte Senior Member

LOL, I hear that one. I believe we are due for one in January, and another late one this year. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. :cool:
  3. rewoodworking

rewoodworking Senior Member

we better get some snow i spent alot of money to get setup this year

thats ok i just got back from oh and there was no snow from here to there and i mean none so we are all snow less
  4. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Careful what you wish for ;) in a couple weeks and could end up with a huge storm you never really know.
  5. paponte

paponte Senior Member

That is quite ok with me. Give me storms baby!! There is only so much you can do around the shop, before you get bored out of your minds. :help:
  6. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Bring it on, If we could only be so lucky!
  7. rewoodworking

i have heard of rain dances before well guys I'm new at this is there a snow dance

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Hey guys we had a blizzard a few weeks back and a quick shot after that. I had to sit out storm one but worked Kennedy Airport storm two. I'm west of you guys but nice to see some guys close by!:)
  9. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Rewoodworking, Where were you in Ohio? I plowed for 5 hours the morning after Christmas, Akron. Four drug stores and a Target store. Been an OK Dec for us, 4 events of snow. Sunday was even better, washed,waxed and detailed two, changed oil / filter on both, all in shirt sleeves.
    Should of stayed a while, don't like the Ohio weather? Wait it will change (quickly)!
  10. EJK2352

EJK2352 Senior Member

Been a good December here in Salem, Ohio too!!! I have done my whole route twice (3" trigger on all but 1) and several salt runs.
  11. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I remember a few years where plowers were like PLEASE MAKE IT STOP! I wanta drink a some beers and relax. But snow will come, in theory! Some years we luck out, some years no one lucks out. Mother Nature has the cards and deals the hands. We play the cards we are delt.
  12. rewoodworking

just past cincinnati i must be blind becouse i did not see any snow from long island to there and i came back the next day and still no snow

i was there to get my plow
  13. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

We already had 2 storms and now we are only the first week into winter. I am game for more snow. Need the money but it will come.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

no such thing as too much snow
    i have a spare truck if it get to deep
    i put a driver in it