1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Long Island Plowing to the Colors

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by HarryCarry, Dec 27, 2010.

1. HarryCarry

HarryCarry Junior Member

Flying proudly in a 60K north wind

Storm flaf.jpg

Blizzard Fence.jpg

2. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

A 60,000 mile/hour north wind! Thant is one heavy duty flag.

3. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

This was like our first storm except ours was 4-5 days straight. I HATE wind!

4. pun299

pun299 Junior Member

I think he means 60 knots lol.

5. HarryCarry

HarryCarry Junior Member

Yea, I meant 60 knots- a slight exaggeration, i'm sure...lol But there were some intense white-out blindness moments. Only thing missing was thunder and lightning.

6. zjm

zjm Senior Member

I was working the north shore of the island in that storm in Rocky Point/Shoreham area, at 2 am we had lightning.Never mind the snow, that was some wind!

7. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

Got it. Is using knots a east cost thing or are you a boater?

8. L.I.Mike

L.I.Mike Senior Member

I was plowing roads in Holbrook, many times the roads vanished due to the wind blowing the snow.

9. HarryCarry

HarryCarry Junior Member

It was definitely more of a wind event rather than a snow storm for us on the North Shore. Two things on my list before the next storm are a good set of wiper blades and a deflector for the top of my plow.

Primo--You got it, I am a boater. Which reminds me I better go check on my boat. She's an old 33' Viking sportfish. Are you a boater too??