1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Long Island Feb 13 Thread

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by MajorDave, Feb 24, 2013.

1. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Thought I would see if this gets any traction since I have not seen many pics or vids from this storm from Long Island...here at end of LONG driveway in Huntington, Long Island, NY -long uphill to get there - finally worked my way out...great night and day! Now I'm just watching all your videos - needs to get some of my own.

IMG_5837.jpg

2. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Heres a random few
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

There we go! That one looks like the "Road to Baghdad!" Where was that specifically?

4. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

why the generator? to keep the block heater running while working in the skid? good idea.
    and looks like you had an oopsie with the light

5. alldayrj

Man i could write a novel on this storm.
    All plowing shots we're in middle island. 30" recorded. Cars on both sides, nightmare in the middle.

The generator was because sunday i still couldnt get on my block so i had to park at nesconset bagels and that night it went down to 10/15 degrees so in the am it wouldn't start lol. The light was the least of my worries, that plow looks like swiss cheese so i took my winnings down to jersey and bought a 9' v plow. You're welcome, it wont snow for another 2 years !!!'

6. alldayrj

Edit- that road is middle country road(25) at rocky point road!!! This was taken saturday at 11 am. Our dump truck driver got stuck here at 8 pm friday and that was the earliest i could get him out. Had to plow the whole road and intersection around cars to get to him

7. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

You left that generator unattended? If so, you're a brave man!

8. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

No Sh*! - last plow I bought was 2 years ago - didn't snow since - until 8 Feb! Damn - you cursed us again! ha!

9. alldayrj

I was 100' away eating breakfast. It wasnt there all night, we just hooked it up long enough to get the juices flowing then it started

Sorry dave, i just had to have a V! .

10. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

No worries! I just now know I can take vacation now as it will NOT snow again as someone bought a new plow!!! (I would love one as well!)

What is with buying it in Jersey - break on price - tax - know someone across the river?

11. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Anyone with videos of the Long Island storm?

12. alldayrj

Found a sick deal on craigslist. I bought my dump truck there too. Prices are reasonable and they arent trying to pull a fast one on you (for the most part) like in NY.

I have a half hour go pro video, i need to cut it way down but theres lots of stacking and you can see i came back to where i started and it all blew in and looks like i never touched it

The grill off my truck
    [​IMG]
    Cops chained up
    [​IMG]
    Snacks in the bobcat
    [​IMG]
    Found this in a snowbank, anyone? Bueller?
    [​IMG]

13. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Lemme know about that dealer in Jersey - where - names etc if ya can...great pics...love that find in the snowbank. Somewhere, someone is saying, I swear I put that on last night!

14. alldayrj

My bad, its all of craigslist.org, not a dealer. I'm on there all the time. What are you looking for?

15. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

no - nothing in particular - did not know if you found a great dealer - got it...

Ya, you can find some good deals, just have to search and search til you find the right one - and usually you can pick them out. You certainly can pick out the crap deals right off the bat. Thanks.

16. Blizzard1980

Blizzard1980 Senior Member

Here is few of mine: IMG300.jpg

IMG306.jpg

IMG307.jpg

IMG308.jpg

IMG300.jpg

IMG306.jpg

IMG307.jpg

IMG308.jpg

17. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

That second one is cool - where ya at there?

18. Blizzard1980

Blizzard1980 Senior Member

Bohemia. Noticed all the snow blowing off the flat roof from building on the right? PITA

19. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

The lights Green lets go

20. L.I.Mike

L.I.Mike Senior Member

:cry:I bought a new to me pickup and 2 years later it snowed.