1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Long Island 2014-2015 Weather Thread

Discussion in 'Weather' started by kolwnmstr, Oct 4, 2014.

1. kolwnmstr

kolwnmstr Senior Member

Looking like it will be a great season boys!

2. 97f250Heavyduty

97f250Heavyduty Senior Member

Already starting a thread? Wonder when we will get our first event.

Hope we all have a safe and good season!

3. kolwnmstr

kolwnmstr Senior Member

Might as well right? Lol

With the way temps are dropping I could see us getting a "no accumulation" storm or two in late November?

To be safe we are going to order our salt in Oct this year since stocks are still low.

4. docsgmc

docsgmc Senior Member

I hope we have a good season. I spent some cash getting ready..

5. 97f250Heavyduty

Everyone is talking that it's going to be a better(or worse if you don't plow haha) season than average. A repeat of last winter will be real nice!

6. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

That would be awesome!

7. hatchmastr

hatchmastr Senior Member
    from 516

whats goin on long island wake up

8. hatchmastr

hatchmastr Senior Member
    from 516

lol hope everyone is getting ready winter will be here soon enough!!

9. kolwnmstr

kolwnmstr Senior Member

Plows should be coming out of storage this week.

10. Blizzard1980

Blizzard1980 Senior Member

NOT.
    Not even close to being ready. This is first year i'm actually dragging my feet. Getting ol' i guess.

11. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Anyone want to buy my 03 f250? Boss plow. Getting a new truck.

12. E-MAN NY

E-MAN NY Senior Member

Ready to Rock!

Took plow out from tarp (got stung by bees) on sat, worked on it and my truck! 50 bags of Peladow for my sidewalks along with 2 new Toro 621s all ready to go! Hope all had good summer!

13. Silverado8.1

Silverado8.1 Member

I have to get it out of the storage this week, take it to the shop to have the maintenance done and should be ready by the end of this week.

14. hatchmastr

hatchmastr Senior Member
    from 516

feels like January ...wtf today was to cold to be landscaping. lol

just wondering what you guys have for average events from last year..

I had 12 plowable + 13 salt apps from dec. 10th to feb. 15

15. hatchmastr

hatchmastr Senior Member
    from 516

anyone out there or are we all stuck on the weather channel watching that lake effect snow]

16. 97f250Heavyduty

All of our jaws are on the floor looking at picture of 5-6 feet of snow . I have to take a look and see how many events we had. Let's hope it's a good season again this year. Nice and cold on the island the past few days but is warming up again.

17. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

Freezing here all day today!

Cherokee plow still in the shed.

Last winter had to kick-butt for you "real" plowers, I just have a plow for my driveway and neighbors for barter.

Here on Long Island the most difficult thing I found was pricing... both sides of the spectrum here (which may be found elsewhere, for some reason I think it's worse here), those who do it on the side, and those that do it full-time to pay the $$$$$ property taxes.

The on-the-side guys may do a driveway for $45, while the "pros" want $150 for the same one (actual numbers from a family member of mine who switched when the $150 guy who didn't show up a couple times).

18. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Wish we had some "lake-effecr!" Not sure if there is a lake in Nassua or Suffolk though! Saw a pool along the NSP!!!

19. TCLandscaping

TCLandscaping Senior Member

Im still here! Im just in clean up mode at work. Im trying not to get caught like last year with that early snow. I serviced all my equip and am picking up a new to me stainless spreader ( my first electric). Im debating over a mvp3 or just a pro plus with wings (deciding what i wanna spend not a matter of versatility). I hope everyone had a nice summer. This winter came on fast. Happy holidays lets keep this rolling.

20. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Senior Member

went to my storage place last weekend and got all the snowblowers, ice melt and shovels down here to l.i.

I am tempted to drive to Buffalo, but wouldn't know what to do if I could even get there!

I hope that never happens here. Even 2' sucks!

Can you imagine what the driveway aprons must be like after plows push the street clear? 12' piles?!?!?!