1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Long and Lots of asphalt walks ranging from 3' to 4'

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Lsanzerr, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Lsanzerr

Lsanzerr Junior Member

Yeah I know the old shovel and snow blower, but theres got to be something better. I see guys using quads bu what happens when we get back to back snows and you cant push it overe to the side anymore. So Im think its got to be a blower of some type...........Little help
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

All depends on what you want to spend. Do you have a budget?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Most people know you don't just push to the edge and stop. We always push the snow as far back as possible so there is room for more snow later.
    A blower on a skidder works great for long walks
  4. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

don't push aside ATV's. They can be very useful.
  5. Lsanzerr

Lsanzerr Junior Member

Not doubting how useful or powerful an atv can be, and im sure they can push very well. I know you want to push as far over as you can to make room for the next storm, but some common sense has to say is tearing up and repairing the lawn worth it in the long run (if the lawn is not frozen through). I appreciate your comments, and will just have to do some more research! Thanks
  6. heather lawn spray

heather lawn spray PlowSite.com Addict

Like Grandview said a 4 foot riding blower is definitely the way to go. We've been using a 443 Bobcat skidsteer on small areas since 1994, and a 463 equipped with a 4 foot blower since 2003. It's not cheap $30,000 ready to go, but it gets the job done. A 42 inch blower mounted on a 4x4 out-front mower can be had for $22,000 but it is a little frosty with no cab.
  7. Lsanzerr

Lsanzerr Junior Member

Def. like the 443, 463 idea.....Thanks as far as the 4x4 I think thats good too although I think a 463 would be a little more handy during the other seasons thanks everyone
  8. M.McDaniel

M.McDaniel Member

We use Grasshopper's outfitted for snow clearing. They are by far the most economical, efficient sidewalk machine available.
  9. Lsanzerr

Lsanzerr Junior Member

where would I go to get say an exmak outfitted
  10. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

11. leon

leon Senior Member

snow clearing

The new Bercomac integral snow blower with the engine of 27 HP? mounted on the self contained blower and a Kubota RTV 900 with a full length underframe for the blower and mounted to the rear hitch apparently it works very well especially for build ups of snow banks.

The www.bercomac.com folks have a video on you tube and I believe you can access it on www.tractorbynet.com as well in the Kubota section.

12. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I have always thought that would be a great setup....have a plow & blower for it. I would also have occasional uses for it throughout the rest of the year. Really handy machines when the job calls for it. I just dont have enough big sidewalks for one.

Lots of good used ones (463's) on the market. I have seen decent ones between 8 - 15k, some with attachments.
  13. woodhe

woodhe Inactive

Brush attachment

Putting together a brush attachment on a 2009 Suzuki Super Stalker. The truck is here but this attachment won'woodhe@verizon.nett be delivered till Mid. Jan. Whoever gets this can ride in a heated cab!

brush attachment for Mini001.jpg

web update 10_24_09 72dpi13.jpg