1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LONDON & SARNIA, in ONTARIO, CANADA.

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by pmorrissette, Dec 14, 2010.

1. pmorrissette

pmorrissette Senior Member

London got wallopped by over 5' of snow in one storm late last week, and Sarnia got hammered yesterday & today.

london 1.jpg

london 2.jpg

london 3.jpg

london 4.jpg

sarnia 1.jpg

2. tailboardtech

tailboardtech Senior Member

that stuff is insane, i was watching it on the weather channel this afternoon. i wouldn't wish it on anyone

3. pmorrissette

pmorrissette Senior Member

4. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

That will take weeks to clean up, I like the one with the trunk lid open

5. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario

Yea I was in London a couple days ago, they are running out of places to put the snow.

6. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

thats gonna take some time to clear out

7. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

Last I heard was that the Military at CFB Trenton were going to send in heavy vehicles to aid in clearing the highways. Anyone confirm?

We don't have snow in the Maritimes but we got nailed by wind and rain. The big "winner" was St. Stephen, NB. 174mm in less than 24 hours. River at one point rose 5 ft. in 30 minutes. Cape Breton was hit really bad last nite, particularly Dingwall. Over 600 are stranded because the bridge and road are gone. The Annapolis Valley got hit the day before. Wouldn't be surprised if the Premier declares a state of emergency to get Federal Aid.

8. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

All I can say is WOW. Thanks for posting the pix

9. Shoreline

Shoreline Member

Military did come, but not to clear highways. Payloaders were used for that. Military was here for search and rescue operations. 237 vehicles stranded/abandoned on a 40 mile stretch of highway. Not to mention all the vehicles stuck on all the arterial roads. It was quite the storm.