1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LOL stacks anyone?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 91AK250, Apr 14, 2010.

1. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

saw this this weekend, had to laugh.

2. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

That is ridiculous. I don't like stacks myself but those are way to tall.
  3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I knew it was a Cummings before I opened the thread.

I bet he has a matching belt buckle.
  4. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Bet he drives Green Tractors too.:laughing::drinkup:
  5. salopez

salopez Senior Member

what I don't get is why put duals on a straight six...besides it looks cool that is.
  6. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

I wonder if he plows residentials
  7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Probably twin turbos
  8. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

judging by the auxillary tank in the bed;)probably hauls cross country enclosed or travel trailers, taller stacks keep the smoke off the front of the trailers supposedly:confused: had a buddy that did the same thing with and to his truck:drinkup:
  9. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Truck has to be about 7 foot tall. Stakes are give or take 3 feet taller. Can't fit through any kind of drive through or other low clearance garage. Not to mention looks foolish!
  10. cubplower

cubplower Senior Member

nicksplowing's idea was probably correct.
  11. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

saw a 7.3 the other day with straight stacks like those only they were only a couple feet higher than the cab. Looked hideous.
  12. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

I would agree.The guy probably has them that high to go over the trailer so they don't leave black marks all over
  13. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

Would a normal tailpipe be the best option?
  14. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

If your towing a trailer a regular exhaust would leave soot on the trailer
  15. farmer101

farmer101 Senior Member
    from indiana

as far as im concerned, unless you need it to clear your trailer, the are only two ways to do stacks....
    1. duals with turn outs that only have about 2-3 inches of crome sticking above the cab.

2. duals with the tops cut flat with crome flappers that face forward when up, and only the flaps stick above the cab.

anything other than that i think just looks goofey, but that is just me. i HATE single stacks, especially when they arent to one side all the way, but kinda off center.

i like symetry.lol
  16. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

That's a bit much... Mitered with the tip even with the top is the only way to go if you're doing stacks.

@salopez: Helps lower egt's. That's not a twin turbo truck. I can almost guarentee it. Unless he's got the new setup from ATS to make it twin turbo. Also it sounds nice if done right :)
  17. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

dont try to park in any parking garages!
  18. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

if hes towing a fifth wheel i think the bull stack would look alot better and soot his needs rather then 2 9 ft stacks lol
  19. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

i dont think there was enough room in the bed for a 5th wheel hitch. most trucks up here dont see long hauls it looked like a younger guy driving it i'm thinkin it was a "oh this will look cool" thing. no plow mount other.
  20. salopez

salopez Senior Member

I don't doubt it sounds great...just looks silly. If I were going to do stacks....I would radius cut the outside of the bed and run them up the outside. Then you don't loose the bed space and is functional! Oh and then...no more then 2-3 inches of the cab and not some stupid 8" piping