1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LOL, Check this guy out...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RCIPlow, Dec 11, 2001.

1. RCIPlow

RCIPlow Member

Ok, gona try to keep this short, and make you all laugh at the same time, remember, gona try to make you laugh...
    I get this tip that someone as a 2 1/2 year old 7"6" Western Pro Plow UniMount for a F250, the guy will take $850-$900. Wow! So I get hold of this guy, he answers all my questions and tells me it is what I am looking for. Ask why he is getting rid of it, he says he got 2 years ago, plowed last year, not knowing anything about plowing, ripped the front end out of his truck, got frustrated, and gave all his accounts to his friend. Ok, sounds reasonable, right? So I go and meet him to see this plow. Oh my God, if this thing is 2 years old, then my trucks are made from 14 karrat gold! One of the biggers pieces of junk I have seen this month. Rusted, pump leaking, parts missing, the whole 9 yards. Being polite, I try to figure out what this guys deal is. He proceeds to tell me, He's been with this landscaping company for 10 years, he's a supervisor, plows 120hrs straight, and has 40 trucks. Now, I have heard of the company, and they are big. But here are my thoughts? 1st, if he knows all about plowing, then why the story about getting out of it, if hes a supervisor, how can he be plowing his own accounts, and finally, beside stupidity, what would make him think a plow such as his could pass for 2 years old? Remember was trying to make you laugh, but the reality is there are a lot of guys out there, just like this one.
    Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow
  2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

always remember that your idea of mint condition, and the sellers idea of mint condition arent always the same:D
  3. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe he has had the plow for 2+ years.
  4. RCIPlow

RCIPlow Member

Yeah, I thought I might have misunderstood what we had said. I checked with the guy who gave me the lead, totaly different story then what I got. I figure the guy is either reallllllllllllly dumb, or a pathological liar. If you want to know what this plow looks like, think of the one you see going down that long country road, you know the one, it has all the grass growing up around it, look like its rust colored, only thing is it aint color, it is rust.

Heres hoping for a cold front and a warm rear.
    Atco, NJ